• Page:

TOPIC: Logic

Logic 02 Jun 2017 14:32 #1

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 4418
Sorry to pick on this guy, at least he had something relevant to say.

From this video:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-3988407...oting-in-a-safe-seat

Vote01

Vote02

Vote03

Vote04

Vote05

Vote06
The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. The true measure of a man is this: how quickly he can respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give - Philip K. Dick.
Last Edit: 02 Jun 2017 14:35 by wake_up_bomb.
You must register to post here.

Logic 02 Jun 2017 18:45 #2

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 3545
I suppose the best way to word it, is continue to try to get what you want until enough people wise up to the situation which then changes.
100th monkey and all that :)
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez

Logic 07 Jun 2017 12:32 #3

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Tactical2017.com is the way to go imho.
Seeing as the snp have completely messed up what little democracy there was, its practically guaranteed the UK is a 1 party state under the Tories now.
Brexit should have been about lack of democracy in the EU and the German austerity push with tory backing, that's what pissed me off about the EU but we seem to have a severe democratic deficit in the UK too with lacklustre journalism egging it on

Logic 07 Jun 2017 14:50 #4

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
andyh wrote:
Tactical2017.com is the way to go imho.
Seeing as the snp have completely messed up what little democracy there was, its practically guaranteed the UK is a 1 party state under the Tories now.
Brexit should have been about lack of democracy in the EU and the German austerity push with tory backing, that's what pissed me off about the EU but we seem to have a severe democratic deficit in the UK too with lacklustre journalism egging it on
The quality of journalism in Britain is embarrassing. I look at The Guardian a bit and it is complete tripe, and then they've constantly got the begging bowl out at the bottom of every article! Any pretence of even remotely critiquing the existing system has gone completely out of the window, and any intelligent or remotely relevant political commentary is completely lacking. I haven't watched the BBC in ages, but I'm sure it's far worse.

In terms of voting, I just can't see any good coming of the existing system. It's too stitched-up, and even if Corbyn did get elected - and I can see that he has some sincerity, which is the first time I have ever seen a significant British politician in possession of this quality - he would just be ruthlessly attacked non-stop for five years, if indeed he lasted five years. People would not see through this propaganda, and by the time his first term was over anyone like him would be unelectable (not that Labour will win the tomorrow's election).

Aside from this, I won't vote because the result of my constituency is a foregone conclusion. Although Martin Bell did win here as an independent against Neil Hamilton, before entering the Commons and doing nothing useful whatsoever. I really believe that change has to come from the grassroots of society. I don't see anything good coming from that (admittedly attractive) building full of wankers.
The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. The true measure of a man is this: how quickly he can respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give - Philip K. Dick.

Logic 08 Jun 2017 20:15 #5

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Have you watched 'get me Roger Stone' on Netflix?

Logic 08 Jun 2017 20:54 #6

• Space Bandit
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2275
I checked out my local labour MP who is Ivan Lewis.
His voting record on matters was mainly consistent.... voting for things you'd expect a Labour MP to vote for...
then it came to the Iraq war and other military interventions since... and it turns out he likes a good old war.
So he can get fucked.
Set the controls for the heart of the earth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Cloud

Logic 08 Jun 2017 20:56 #7

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2296
This has been the most ridiculous election campaign I've had the misfortune to witness in my lifetime...and that's saying something.
They really have managed to turn 'democracy' (or mores the point, the illusion of it) into a great big media circus joke.
And so many are taking it so seriously. I don't know how I've avoided getting stuck into the shite I've seen posted on fb by some friends. Pure delusion.
"laws are unenforceable if the majority break them."-humanspirit,
"avoid the concept of an ambassador for truth altogether"-gilly.

Logic 08 Jun 2017 22:24 #8

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
dubmeup wrote:
And so many are taking it so seriously. I don't know how I've avoided getting stuck into the shite I've seen posted on fb by some friends. Pure delusion.
What have they been saying?

Logic 09 Jun 2017 10:43 #9

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Well, its a hung parliament, so....result innit! :D

Logic 09 Jun 2017 12:31 #10

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Well, in a thrilling outcome in my constituency Esther McVey received 28,764 votes, which was 58.6% of the total, a radical departure from the last election in which George Osborne received 26,552 votes, which was 58.6% of the total. Good for Esther, she can do that job for 30 years completely unopposed now.

I was on the edge of my seat. Or asleep. One or the other, I can't recall.

Logic 09 Jun 2017 18:31 #11

• cantata
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 1123
Well, I've kept out of the whole thing. I had to go around with a bucket on my head, but having decided that I was not voting for ANY of them (at last) I didn't want to hear or see any of it... and I didn't. :)

It was peculiarly hard. I felt very "odd" about not voting, like I was somehow letting "the side" or the suffragettes or even "the country" down (?). But I kept the bucket on my head and played absolutely no part whatsoever.

I've only just heard in the last couple of hours someone mentioning that it was a "hung parliament", whatever that is. Now, it's too much to hope that that means the bastards are all hanging from various London trees, so I'm guessing it means the same kind of situation that got the Tory's in (with Cameron, IDS, Osbourne, et al) who, although they came in well below Labour, went on to couple up with the Lib Dems and Rule as Masters without reference to the Yellows at all.

So, same old same old? Nothing's changed? Bucket on my head or off, today is exactly the same as yesterday then.

:roll:
There is no such thing as Thin Air: Thin Air is full of the particles of creation.

Take something that costs you nothing but effort;
And practice, practice, practice until you make it something fabulous.

"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
If he undaunted be....". (Beowulf)....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Cloud

Logic 11 Jun 2017 09:27 #12

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
wake_up_bomb wrote:
dubmeup wrote:
What have they been saying?
Everything from, we're going to have a corbyn led revolution through to, voting for a party you don't agree with is a great idea and will destroy the Tories.
The tactical voting thing was particularly hateful and counterproductive. (They have very much weakened the case for PR by fudging the figures for a start)
At least all the naive yoot that came out and voted for a corbyn revolution did it out of believing in Corbyn.
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2017 20:37 by dubmeup.

Logic 11 Jun 2017 18:24 #13

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Given that the tories got into bed with the DUP, I can't see the present situation lasting long.
They might cling onto power if they immediately reverse austerity and replace May but even then, times up for them imho.
Labour already have a 6 point lead. The attack rags are already eating crow and we know how much influence they wield.

Labour have done a good job with their website too, much more in the way of grassroots involvement, I hope it stays that way ofc lol.

Logic 11 Jun 2017 20:34 #14

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
The DUP....
How can you have a power sharing peace agreement in NI with one of the parties lying in bed with the Tories in mainland Britain?
You can't and very obviously there's already a lot of bad feeling about it. All that work over so many years to get some form of 'getting along' happening. The situation over there hasn't exactly been great this year anyway has it since Arlene whatsername signed off on that energy fiasco....and then Maggie May goes and royally shafts it even more just so she can stay sitting on a sofa off Whitehall?????

There's not a facepalm meme on earth that conveys this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cantata, Space Bandit

Logic 11 Jun 2017 21:30 #15

• Space Bandit
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Even considering doing a deal with the DUP is hilarious and will only bring further condemnation on the Tory twats.
It brings to the fore how grubby and lowlife politics really is when having to grovel to well known criminals for support.

Logic 12 Jun 2017 19:48 #16

• Gilly
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Thank you received: 6506
I hope May's own pack of party chuck her under the bus.

I voted for the first time in eons - labour.

The motivation was reading of May's comment re scrapping Human Rights. The calculating baggage said this in response to debate on some of these laws having been used to keep immigrants in who should have been deported. And if reports are correct, and ridiculous loopholes have been found within them to keep undesirables here who pose a threat, then by all means, look at amending them so that common sense prevails.

But when the automatic response is, instead, to scrap them altogether, then the person proposing such a move needs to be put out of action at all costs, imo.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Logic 13 Jun 2017 15:18 #17

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Okay, so what about Sinn Fein having candidates in the general election, but then not using their seats? I didn't know about this until recently, I try to pay as little attention as possible, but this is truly mental. By all means oppose the authority of the parliament, that's your right, but either turn up to the bastard parliament, or don't stand in the election in the first place.

That's before you go into how grubby they are, all of their links with the IRA, etc. And what do they even want anyway? Ireland is never going to be an independent republic, and standing for seven lousy seats in the British general election, which you oppose, and then not using them achieves nothing. It's like having some fireworks, not lighting them, but expecting to see a firework show. Guess what? You won't!

To paraphrase George Carlin, when you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in Britain you get a front row seat.

Logic 13 Jun 2017 16:57 #18

• jhado
  • ZONED OUT
  • Facilitator of the Hippy, Weird, and Loving Stuff, the rest is up to them
  • Rankmod
  • Thank you received: 2209
I was away at a festival since last tuesday, not long left there, did I miss anything?
Forget yesterday. It has already forgotten you.

Logic 21 Jun 2017 15:15 #19

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Gilly wrote:

The motivation was reading of May's comment re scrapping Human Rights. The calculating baggage said this in response to debate on some of these laws having been used to keep immigrants in who should have been deported. And if reports are correct, and ridiculous loopholes have been found within them to keep undesirables here who pose a threat, then by all means, look at amending them so that common sense prevails.

But when the automatic response is, instead, to scrap them altogether, then the person proposing such a move needs to be put out of action at all costs, imo.

The tories allowed a huge number of immigrants in anyway and the majority were NOT from the EU.... so much for using that excuse about rights imho.
Illegal immigrants were the issue, EU migrants often return back whence they came, those who come from Africa/Asia will be moving here for life and often because we've messed up their countries in the first place.....gah I could rant about this all week.

The whole Brexit issue should never have happened in the 1st place, just as meddling in removing middle east dictators shouldn't have happened in the 1st place and austerity shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Logic 22 Jun 2017 23:05 #20

• Space Bandit
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
andyh wrote:
Gilly wrote:

The tories allowed a huge number of immigrants in anyway and the majority were NOT from the EU.... so much for using that excuse about rights imho.
Illegal immigrants were the issue, EU migrants often return back whence they came, those who come from Africa/Asia will be moving here for life and often because we've messed up their countries in the first place.....gah I could rant about this all week.

The whole Brexit issue should never have happened in the 1st place, just as meddling in removing middle east dictators shouldn't have happened in the 1st place and austerity shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I work with a load of guys from Pakistan at the minute. Whilst the migration from there to here has apparently stopped (as in they can't come and live here directly under normal circumstances) many have Italian passports.... so once they're in the EU, they can come here.
  • Page:
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Latest Members Blogs

Prev Next

What is going on when it comes to 9-11 I…

The EPA (environmental protection agency) and OSHA took air samples in the days following September 11th, they reported that they found no excessive levels of asbestos contrary to other findings....

Read more

9-11 Eleven Years Later

9-11 Eleven Years Later

With the anniversary of September 11th literally just around the corner, unanswered questions still remain for families who lost loved ones during the tragic event, as well as from families...

Read more

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass An…

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass Animal Deaths

In 2008 the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to review a series of lower court rulings that restrict the United States Navy's use of sonar in submarine detection training exercises off...

Read more

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation:
$122 USD on 4th Jan 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8

Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d

More Info: Donation options for TZ

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.

TradeZone Latest

Visitors

Today103
Yesterday268
Week1184
Month3487
Total586106

Your IP Address: 18.117.138.44 Your Browser and OS: Unknown - Unknown Saturday, 20 April 2024 08:45