Sanctum Zone

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.

Paranormal subjects include those that pertain to ghosts, extraterrestrial life and unidentified flying objects, and cryptids.

Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Time With the Vampires

My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 10:27 #1

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Thank you received: 146
My Time With the Vampires or How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Taste of Human Blood

Back when I was in my early teens I was a frequent user of IRC (Internet Relay Chat). It was thrilling to hang out with the criminal element of the internet and learn the tricks of the trade. Everything from hackers,phreakers,carders,and even sometimes outright thieves selling their stolen goods on the black market of IRC. The occult was another interest of mine. I would frequent Wiccan chat rooms. Voodoo chat rooms. Black Magick, White Magick,you name it.

In doing so I stumbled upon one of the most interesting subcultures I've ever had the pleasure of wrapping my head around. Vampires. Or, as they like to be called Sanguinarians. It was on Dalnet...I ventured into a room titled #Sanguinarius having no clue what it was. The topic read "A Support Channel For REAL Vampires". In my youthful,and newly stoned cockiness I scoffed at the idea. I did what any other 14-15 year old who was high and surfing the internet would do. I proceeded to troll them.

I'd hatched a plan that I would go in and tell them I was doing an interview (which I actually ended up doing years later) to gain their trust. I began one by one and during one interview with a very nice girl,she brought up the subject of "vampire hunters". "That's it",I thought. "That's my cue.". So, after I had concluded the "interview" I announced to her that I was in fact a vampire hunter and now had all the info i needed to hunt them all down. At the time this seemed hilarious and I was rolling on the floor at the thought of these poor deluded bastards believing that some mysterious Van Helsing type was out there stalking his prey.

That's when the PM's started.My screen filled up with every name from #Sanguinarius announcing how sick I was and that they were simply a community with a "condition" trying to help one another out. "Fuck...",I thought. "It seems I 've judged them too harshly."They explained to me that there was such a thing as "real" vampire hunters who were basically delusional murderers who actually believe Sanguinarians to be some sort of beast from hell.They told me about some known examples of "vampire killings",and how the "hunter" had ended up in jail for life for their twisted acts. Quickly I confessed that it was all a joke,and luckily they forgave me and took me into the fold to try and educate me as to exactly who they were and why they were there.

The Sanguinarians believe that they have a sort of physical illness which requires them to drink human or animal blood to maintain a healthy and energetic life.Like myself,they have an aversion to daylight and tend to feel much more energetic and outgoing when the sun is down.They also incorporate blood drinking into their sex lives,always being careful to have themselves and their mates tested for STD's before partaking. Most find their sustenance from "donors". Either a partner,friend,or a known donor who has a clean bill of health and is willing to give up some of their blood for a vampire in need. Then there are those who consider themselves psychic vampires,and they feed on human emotion. Sounds like every woman I've ever known....but I digress.

After learning the ends and outs I began to hang around the vamps more often. I would check in through the years,meet some very horny and amazingly beautiful vampire chicks,and witness the Sanguinarian community help some young people who were looking for answers and found themselves labeled as weirdos or outcasts. It really is about as tight knit and caring community as you can find anywhere on the internet or "Real Life" for that matter. Many of these wayward youngsters and some oldsters find that they've truly discovered where they belong. Despite never being a Sanguinarian (I tried the blood drinking thing once and ended up vomiting profusely after tasting the "copper penny" taste that all Sanguinarians love) I was accepted as one of them for a very long time. Even now I occasionally wander in and though most of them know i don't claim to be a vampire of any sort,they still go out of their way to be friendly and polite.

There are many more stories about the vamps I could go into,but I figured this could serve as somewhat of an introduction for those of you who have never really broached the subject. Vampirism/Sanguinarianism could be seen as a lifestyle of sorts. A mental condition? A physical condition? They certainly believe so. But at the heart of it I found that they are just another group of people who live outside of societal norms. Not hurting anyone,taking care of their own. Coming together daily,hell even hourly to remind one another that they are not alone. If nothing else,you have to respect that.

Doc
"Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars. Whole universes fit in there! But what do we choose to keep in this miraculous cabinet? Little broken things, sad trinkets that we play...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, diamondgeezer, psketti, Abs, irrepressible, Silverwand, martg, Hexhammer, Runlikehell

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 11:05 #2

• irrepressible
  • ZONED OUT
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Rank0
  • Thank you received: 1770
They sound like a good bunch Doc :) Especially the horny and beautiful Vampire chicks :D

I'd be interested to find out about the dark side of it, if there is one. I wonder if there are more unsavoury types of vamps out there.

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doc_Gonzo

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 11:13 #3

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
Hey irre, thanks for the reply. There is a darker side to it. Some vampire lifestylers have taken to murder and such due to the belief that they are immortal and not subject to mortal laws. The Sanguinarians i've met don't seem that unstable.

Here's one such example of vampire lifestyle gone wrong : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Ferrell

I would classify people like this guy as crazy and extremely delusional. Sanguinarians have a certain desperation in them that they want to live better more energetic productive lives,but believe they have a definciany that only blood can fulfill.

I'm sure there have been those who would stoop to unsavory means to satiate their needs,but I'd rather steer clear of that breed.

Doc
"Your head's like mine, like all our heads; big enough to contain every god and devil there ever was. Big enough to hold the weight of oceans and the turning stars. Whole universes fit in there! But what do we choose to keep in this miraculous cabinet? Little broken things, sad trinkets that we play...
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2012 11:14 by Doc_Gonzo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irrepressible

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 11:37 #4

• irrepressible
  • ZONED OUT
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Rank0
That guy sounds like he'd watched The Lost Boys once too often. Horrific. The murders didn't sound particularly vampiric either, just brutal violence.

I wonder if there was a medical vampire test, whether the sanguinarians would take it. If it could be medically proven that they didn't need to drink blood. I'm interested in the psychology of it. Are they convinced enough about being vamps to have the balls to take the test. Also imagine if the test came back positive! They could be an official proper vamp :D
As long as they're not harming anyone, each to their own. I'd rather be stuck in a room with them than a gang of scallys off the street. The gangs walking around giving people shit are the fucked up ones.

I'm imagining dark haired women with black eye shadow and dark lipstick now :D That sounds more like a goth though.

Do they dress the part doc? The ones you met? Is there a vampire fashion culture?

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 11:44 #5

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
Great questions irre. Glad you brought up the psychology aspect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_vampirism
Clinical vampirism, more commonly called Renfield's syndrome or Renfield syndrome, is a term used to describe an obsession to drink blood, although the disorder has never been categorized in the DSM-IV. The term was first coined (whimsically) by Richard Noll and is named after Dracula's insect-eating assistant, Renfield, in the novel by Bram Stoker.The term has been used in both psychiatric and fictional literature, as well as on television, where it was mentioned in an episode of CSI titled "Committed" (Season 5, Episode 21).

People who suffer from this condition are primarily male. The craving for blood arises from the idea that it conveys life-enhancing powers. According to Noll, the condition starts with a key event in childhood that causes the experience of blood injury or the ingestion of blood to be exciting. After puberty, the excitement is experienced as sexual arousal. Throughout adolescence and adulthood, blood, its presence, and its consumption can also stimulate a sense of power and control. Noll explains that Renfield's syndrome begins with autovampirism and then progresses to the consumption of the blood of other creatures.

As to what they wear. Yeah there are some who dress the part of the goth vampire that would be the modern day sterotype.
However,there are also those who look and act no different than most of us. A lot of the older ones tend to dress "normal" and I think see the whole goth thing as a bit silly and immature.

Either way,you can't deny goth chicks are extremely hot. :thumbup:

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:00 #6

• irrepressible
  • ZONED OUT
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Rank0
Doc_Gonzo wrote:
s to what they wear. Yeah there are some who dress the part of the goth vam pire that would be the mod ern day sterotype.
However,there are also those who look and act no dif fer ent than most of us. A lot of the older ones tend to dress “nor mal” and I think see the whole goth thing as a bit silly and imma ture.

Either way,you can’t deny goth chicks are extremely hot. :thumbup:

Fuddy duddy party poopers! :D If I was into it, I'd dress the part. I'd go for the victorian vampire gentleman look. I'm not sure how my shaved head and bald patch would go across though :D I'd have to go for the slaphead Nosferatu look.

Also if I had a vampire gf who wanted to drink my blood, I'd probably insist she dress up and make it more fun from my end :D

Absolutely!
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2012 12:01 by irrepressible.

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:07 #7

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
irrepressible wrote:
Doc_Gonzo wrote:
s to what they wear. Yeah there are some who dress the part of the goth vam pire that would be the mod ern day sterotype.
However,there are also those who look and act no dif fer ent than most of us. A lot of the older ones tend to dress “nor mal” and I think see the whole goth thing as a bit silly and imma ture.

Either way,you can’t deny goth chicks are extremely hot. :thumbup:

Fuddy duddy party poopers! :D If I was into it, I'd dress the part. I'd go for the victorian vampire gentleman look. I'm not sure how my shaved head and bald patch would go across though :D I'd have to go for the slaphead Nosferatu look.

Also if I had a vampire gf who wanted to drink my blood, I'd probably insist she dress up and make it more fun from my end :D

Absolutely!

Hahaha Damn right irre. If you're gonna drink blood might as well throw a little more kink into the mix. Some black leather,black eyeliner,spikey heels....Hmmm where's sketti when you need her?

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:10 #8

• batou
  • ZONED OUT
  • Forum Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • Premier Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 3844
hey man, you ever read that book, piercing the darkness? its about vampres and this woman who goes looking for this missing journalist. a true story i think
my limbless friend will die alone
a torso of flesh upon the throne

Violence is not the answer, it is the question. the answer is yes.

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:19 #9

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2305
Fascinating thread and info Doc :up:

I did not know about any of this.

I dont really know much about biology tbh, but i suppose all the food/drink we ingest is ultimately to feed/enrich/create blood, which then feeds the body with all the shit it needs?

So perhaps drinking the source is like a shortcut and maybe even good for you, who knows :dunno:

Ive seen a documentary of an african tribe that co-exists with cattle they graze, and they make small cuts to their legs to harvest the blood and drink it.

Theres lots of stuff out there about elites and blood drinking rituals etc though, heck even in one simpsons episode, when it showed a piss take of a roundtable meeting of all the important people that run shit, oddly enough there was also a vampire sitting at the table along with the other characters :larf:

As im not too convinced there is actual vampires that live forever and crumble if the sunlight hits them, :larf: at least in this reality...perhaps the stereotypical vampire stuff/fables out there is about this condition.
Y11
The following user(s) said Thank You: irrepressible, Silverwand, Doc_Gonzo

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:19 #10

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
batou wrote:
hey man, you ever read that book, piercing the darkness? its about vampres and this woman who goes looking for this missing journalist. a true story i think

Hey bat! Can't say as I've read it,but taking a look on Amazon (www.amazon.com/Piercing-Darkness-Frank-E-Peretti/dp/1581345275) it appears to be part of a fictional series by a Christian author. Not that i'm against that,but I can only imagine the viewpoint that Christians would have on normal everyday people who drink blood and incorporate blood into their sex lives. :rofl:

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:25 #11

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
novum wrote:
Fascinating thread and info Doc :up:

I did not know about any of this.

I dont really know much about biology tbh, but i suppose all the food/drink we ingest is ultimately to feed/enrich/create blood, which then feeds the body with all the shit it needs?

So perhaps drinking the source is like a shortcut and maybe even good for you, who knows :dunno:

Ive seen a documentary of an african tribe that co-exists with cattle they graze, and they make small cuts to their legs to harvest the blood and drink it.

Theres lots of stuff out there about elites and blood drinking rituals etc though, heck even in one simpsons episode, when it showed a piss take of a roundtable meeting of all the important people that run shit, oddly enough there was also a vampire sitting at the table along with the other characters :larf:

As im not too convinced there is actual vampires that live forever and crumble if the sunlight hits them, :larf: at least in this reality...perhaps the stereotypical vampire stuff/fables out there is about this condition.

Hiya novum,glad you enjoy the subject.
Very true about the tribes and elites who practice bloodletting/drinking. I'm not sure if it may have to do with some sort of primal bloodlust which may or may not be part of our animal/carnivorous nature.....OR if it's from a deficiancy as some Sanguinarians claim.

I could very well see it being some sort of iron imbalance or when you think about it,if a person tends to be more active at night rather than day,there would tend to be all sorts of imbalances.

As far the elites and such go,I'd tend to think in their case it's much more about blood sacrifice than a physical need for blood. Perhaps there's is more of a spiritual need? Either way great points novum.

Doc
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:30 #12

• batou
  • ZONED OUT
  • Forum Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • Premier Subscriber
  • Thank you received: 3844
sir, if i can just have a moment of your time.
Missionaries Elders Mormon

but this is the book i meant www.amazon.com/Piercing-Darkness-Underco...merica/dp/0061059455
my limbless friend will die alone
a torso of flesh upon the throne

Violence is not the answer, it is the question. the answer is yes.

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 12:36 #13

• Doc_Gonzo
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
batou wrote:
sir, if i can just have a moment of your time.
Missionaries Elders Mormon

but this is the book i meant www.amazon.com/Piercing-Darkness-Underco...merica/dp/0061059455

:rofl: *runs inside and closes the blinds....pretends not to be home* Goddamn Jehova's Witnesses!

Thanks for the correction bat! Sorry I jumped the gun a bit there. This seems like a very interesting book and is exactly along the lines of the sort of Vampirism I'm talking about,at least going by what the summary says.

And hey,for a penny used,why not give it a shot? Thanks man.

Doc

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 13:08 #14

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 3544
I actually had a visit recently from some jehovas witness' while mending the ride on mower I recently got...
I gave em the usual I'm not interested in any abrahamic God because I believe in free personal spirituality without dogma as being the only way to know 'God' etc etc but that I totally respect them and won't bother them so long as they don't bother me and all that and they left seemingly happy enough.

What surprised me though is this is Ireland for chrissake LOL!!

Sure enough I heard 'em knock next door and sheesh you should have heard the hateful spiel they got off the neighbors who are catholics :D
I just shook my head and grinned in disbelief at how dumb people can be and got back to work :D
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 14:08 #15

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
  • we cant stop here, this is dog country
  • Thank you received: 5668
Great thread doc and a fascinating read. Can't wait for more in fact.

I had a weird obsession with vampires for a longtime whilst growing up - right up into my teens. The intensisty surrounding the whole subject is a very powerful lure and a large part of the reason it gripped me for so long. I guess it's never really left me as such... I'm just not obsessive anymore. :cool:
the anorak hides the fact that sean is composed of 95% vaginas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doc_Gonzo, K-Bone

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 14:11 #16

• Abs
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • How are you thinking today?
  • Thank you received: 3939
I have nothing but good things to say about the JH's. One time, I was carrying a living room chair on my head as I hadn't enough for a taxi, and two of them kindly offered to help me.

They always look very clean and well turned out, too. I haven't tried coming on to one yet, but I suspect that they would politely decline my advances even if I did.

In fact, they have a hall just around the corner from me...

*Goes out to look for innocent witnesses to corrupt* :secret:
What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.

-Buddha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doc_Gonzo, K-Bone

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 14:12 #17

• Abs
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • How are you thinking today?
  • Thank you received: 3939
psketti wrote:
... I'm just not obsessive anymore. :cool:

:roflha: :coffee:
What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.

-Buddha

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 14:29 #18

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
Ab Origine wrote:
psketti wrote:
... I'm just not obsessive anymore. :cool:

:roflha: :coffee:

With vampires only.

You however, are still my obsession. Fret not little one.

Re: My Time With the Vampires 19 Jun 2012 15:26 #19

• Hexhammer
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 1129
This is interesting topic!

I've never met any of these people... Although I've drank blood too. Not vampirism though, but occult stuff... And close friend of mine who just survived cancer, started to have craving for blood and raw meat few months ago. At the time he was in quite bad condition due the cancer "treatments" I saw him eat raw meat few times, it made him way feel better.

From my experience, I can say that blood drinking becomes very addictive quite easily, at least it did for me... Drinking blood makes a sort of adrenaline rush to occur. Similar feeling at least, like getting high from some substance, I felt extremely energized, like there's be electricity running all over me.
The things you leave behind, you find in front of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: irrepressible, Doc_Gonzo

it's all about the neck... 19 Jun 2012 16:09 #20

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
See that's where I would fall short hex. I can't stand the taste of blood, that coppery taste is rank. I'd probably just have to resort to dishing it out instead as giving in this case, would certainly be more appealing than receiving. Is there anyone who doesn't like being bitten on the neck? I doubt it...
  • Page:
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds