Sanctum Zone

Keyword
A+ A A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Member feedback is appreciated! Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ!

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:34 #41

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
mikey mikey wrote:
That is why I am asking for the third time when this site was decided upon, when its construction was begun and when it was activated.

I have provided reason why I think answering these questions would help members> Is there a reason why they should remain unanswered?

Ok mikey i told you before from memory all i could without looking it up.

I had to go out for a while and do a 20 mile round trip.

So ive returned...and looked it up since i have records of the admin conversatons...and on your questions...

Decision was made the night of 19 september UK time.

Uploads to build the site began the very next day and are still in progress.

The forum aspect of the site was announced as open to prospective members at the time of the announcement here, and was only completed and operational minutes before that.
Y11
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 04:36 by novum. Reason: typo
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti, mikey mikey

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:37 #42

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
wake_up_bomb wrote:
There was no implication at all.

Well I just wanted to clarify for myself that when you said
"I def­i­nitely don’t think DG, Frog, Novum or any­one else owe me any­thing, not even an expla­na­tion.
I’ve never had any issues with the mod­er­a­tion, the rules of the forum, or any­thing else"

that you weren't contrasting yourself with a member
who does think DG, Frog, Novum owe them something, including an expla­na­tion.
And who has indeed had issues with the mod­er­a­tion, the rules of the forum, or something else.

But thanks for clearing that up. :cheers:
thank you St Jude for favours granted
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 04:39 by mikey mikey.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:43 #43

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
novum wrote:
So ive returned...and looked it up since i have records of the admin conversatons...and on your questions...

Decision was made the night of 19 september UK time.

Uploads to build the site began the very next day and are still in progress.

The forum aspect of the site was announced as open to prospective members at the time of the announcement here, and was only completed and operational minutes before that.

Thank you very much indeed.

I apologise if I have been a pain in the arse and put you to a lot of trouble.

However, I can assure you that this information will put many people's mind at rest. I have no doubt about it.

Thanks again.
thank you St Jude for favours granted
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, psketti

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:46 #44

  • chandrakavi
  • chandrakavi's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 2744
  • Thank you received: 1255
  • Karma: 22
So all SZ posts will simply be filed and we all start anew in TZ.
Anyway, I already joined TZ. Looks great.
A love letter to the NSA agent who is monitoring my online activity. :D


www.happyplace.com/24470/a-love-letter-t...g-my-online-activity
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 04:47 by chandrakavi.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:56 #45

  • diamondgeezer
  • diamondgeezer's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 3032
  • Thank you received: 1504
  • Karma: 89
mikey mikey wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:
You need look no fur­ther than the reponse of martg and WUB ‘s ques­tion to answer that.

I don't see WUB laying blame on himself or anyone else there with his question, rather he is just inquiring if he'd missed something or other.

Well it was martg blaming himself (is he the nly one?) while I meant that WUB asking what had triggered this. That's what I was getting at, but I see that I amgoing to have to be very explicit from now on.

I think that considering that you announced it at such an odd time for the majority of members and that there was quite a lot of upheavel going on at the time, people will naturally wonder what and how and why.

Pretending that this is not going to happen because one doesn't see why it should won't change a thing. That is why I am asking for the third time when this site was decided upon, when its construction was begun and when it was activated.

I have provided reason why I think answering these questions would help members> Is there a reason why they should remain unanswered?

ok,

1. We finally decided on the new site just over a week ago, and at that point we got straight onto moving it forwards...I registered the domain for TZ, and Frog and Novum got straight to work.

HOWEVER, the discussions between the three of us as to how to go about dealing with the problems we were seeing here have been going on a lot longer than a week.

2. We announced at what we saw as an appropriate time...on a friday night, the beginning of the weekend. Most SZ'ers (the ones who still bother checking in around here) are most likely to be around at some point during the next 48 hrs. Also, just what is so sinister about 1am as a time to announce pray tell? We do have an international membership you know.

3. re Mart...well as both Novum and I earlier yesterday, before this announcement was even made, heartily agreed with him in the other thread regarding the lack of diversity and people 'ganging up' being a problem on SZ, then I can't see why he should be blaming himself for our decision do you?

Any more questions, as we are now being 'explicit'?
truth-zone.co.uk/ - the other place...

The pen is mightier than the sword
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 04:57 #46

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
chandrakavi wrote:
So all SZ posts will simply be filed and we all start anew in TZ.
Anyway, I already joined TZ. Looks great.

No not at all chandrakavi.

SZ will continue as it is, and be a site run with community consensus making decisions as it is now, albeit some of those things need further clarification and sorting out by the members.

TZ will be a more conventional site where the administrators ultimately make the decisions.

What TZ is offering, is a choice for members or prospective members.

Sanctum Zone can and will continue in its current form, and our announcement talks about handing over the administration and ownership of SZ to the participating members.

TZ is a new and entirely different/seperate site.

Myself, Frog and diamondgeezer will be stepping down from administering SZ once it has been handed to the community.
Y11
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:00 by novum.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chandrakavi

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:06 #47

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
diamondgeezer wrote:
HOWEVER, the discussions between the three of us as to how to go about dealing with the problems we were seeing here have been going on a lot longer than a week.

I would just like to quote that portion of DG's post and confirm it is the case.

We are also responding to feedback from a range of members past and present over a long period of time.

What we have done is effectively given people a choice...those who enjoy SZ in its current form can stay on, and those who have expressed otherwise have the option of joining the other site.
Y11
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:08 by novum.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:15 #48

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
diamondgeezer wrote:
1. We finally decided on the new site just over a week ago, and at that point we got straight onto moving it forwards...I registered the domain for TZ, and Frog and Novum got straight to work.

Yes, Novum explained. Thank you. as I said to Novum, that will put a lot of minds at rest. :thumbup:
diamondgeezer wrote:
2. We announced at what we saw as an appropriate time...on a friday night, the beginning of the weekend. Most SZ'ers (the ones who still bother checking in around here) are most likely to be around at some point during the next 48 hrs. Also, just what is so sinister about 1am as a time to announce pray tell? We do have an international membership you know.

I never suggested that 1 a.m is sinister at all. :think: I just tried to answer your question as to why a large portion of the membership (UK) would be bewildered and disappointed to read your announcement 5 minutes before they go to bed. I am fully aware of the international nature of forums having spent the first 4 years on DIF posting from Japan, :coffee:
diamondgeezer wrote:
3. re Mart...well as both Novum and I earlier yesterday, before this announcement was even made, heartily agreed with him in the other thread regarding the lack of diversity and people 'ganging up' being a problem on SZ, then I can't see why he should be blaming himself for our decision do you?

Indeed, a person who hasn't been accused of "ganging up" is feeling to blame, so one can only imagine how people who have been accused of "ganging up" are feeling.
Any more ques­tions, as we are now being ‘explicit’?

Sorry to have bothered you. Thanks for you time and patience. :)
thank you St Jude for favours granted
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:26 #49

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
novum wrote:
What we have done is effectively given people a choice...those who enjoy SZ in its current form can stay on, and those who have expressed otherwise have the option of joining the other site.

I am curious about this line from the OP: "We hope that every sin­gle one of you will join us there."

In light of the reasons for the new forum, it doesn't seem to be a plausible aspiration.

If the lack of diversity in opinion and the ganging up are the problems as you see them at SZ, then how would these problems be avoided with the same membership (i.e. every single on of you).

Is it your intention to solve the problem of lack of diversity and "ganging up" through more direct and authoratative moderation?

Or is your hope that the type of members who would rather avoid more top down (traditional) moderation are also the ones responsible for the "lack of diversity" and "ganging up"?, In this way, will those that prefer the community moderation and decision making prefer to stay at SZ and keep the "ganging up" here while those that seek to ensure their diverse opinions are protected from the rest of the community by going through the proper channels?
thank you St Jude for favours granted
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:38 by mikey mikey.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:37 #50

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
I wont be drawn into discussions about moderation on the other site.

As i said, people have a choice now as to which method they prefer and we wont be excluding anyone from the new site, including all members here..thats what DG was communitcating with that line you mentioned.

I will say that if people are happy with how the other site is managed they will participate, and if they arent they wont, simple as that.
Y11
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:38 by novum. Reason: typo
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:40 #51

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
novum wrote:
I wont be drawn into discussions about moderation on the other site.

Well, i have joined and already started a thread about googlein the News section . :cool:

So could I ask you about moderation of that site over on TZ? :coffee:
thank you St Jude for favours granted
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:42 by mikey mikey.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:46 #52

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
mikey mikey wrote:
So could I ask you about moderation of that site over on TZ? :coffee:

Sure, the FAQ section, its the appropriate section for questions etc.
Y11
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 05:51 #53

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
novum wrote:
Sure, the FAQ section, its the appropriate section for questions etc.

Aren't they pretty much the ones here, right?

I didn't see this question or its answer:

Is it your inten­tion to solve the prob­lem of lack of diver­sity and “gang­ing up” through more direct and autho­r­ata­tive mod­er­a­tion?

Or is your hope that the type of mem­bers who would rather avoid more top down (tra­di­tional) mod­er­a­tion are also the ones respon­si­ble for the “lack of diver­sity” and “gang­ing up”?, In this way, will those that pre­fer the com­mu­nity mod­er­a­tion and deci­sion mak­ing pre­fer to stay at SZ and keep the “gang­ing up” here while those that seek to ensure their diverse opin­ions are pro­tected from the rest of the com­mu­nity by going through the proper channels?
thank you St Jude for favours granted
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 05:53 by mikey mikey.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 06:08 #54

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
mikey mikey wrote:
Aren’t they pretty much the ones here, right?

I didn’t see this ques­tion or its answer:

is your hope that the type of mem­bers who would rather avoid more top down (tra­di­tional) mod­er­a­tion are also the ones respon­si­ble for the “lack of diver­sity” and “gang­ing up”?, In this way, will those that pre­fer the com­mu­nity mod­er­a­tion and deci­sion mak­ing pre­fer to stay at SZ and keep the “gang­ing up” here while those that seek to ensure their diverse opin­ions are pro­tected from the rest of the com­mu­nity by going through the proper channels? [/i]

All are welcome at the other site.

mikey mikey wrote:
Is it your inten­tion to solve the prob­lem of lack of diver­sity and “gang­ing up” through more direct and autho­r­ata­tive mod­er­a­tion?

You use the word problem however i personally choose not to use that word in regards to here. :)

There are many members here who like the way SZ works.

There are also members however who have conveyed to administrators that they would prefer that administrators take a more hands on approach as to the running of the site, leaving them free to not have to concern themselves with all the ins and outs.

Therefore we have given current (and potential) members a choice.
Y11
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 06:20 #55

  • mikey mikey
  • mikey mikey's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 6518
  • Thank you received: 3378
  • Karma: 23
novum wrote:
All are welcome at the other site.

Well that's reassuring. I have to admit to still having a bit of Post- traumatic-banhammer-disorder. :bash: :couch:
novum wrote:
Therefore we have given current (and potential) members a choice.

Well I am happy to do both forums :postwhore:

I was juggling this one and some other green one while fishing for members for weeks , if you recall. :secret:
thank you St Jude for favours granted
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 06:21 by mikey mikey.
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 06:52 #56

  • dawnbreak
  • dawnbreak's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • R.I.P DG xxx
  • Posts: 3533
  • Thank you received: 1198
  • Karma: 94
NO...........am I going to have to pack my bags and move forums again!

Why , why why are we moving............I don't understand?

And a comment to MartG .......don't you dare leave ..you are a wonderful person
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti, andyh

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 07:04 #57

  • feather
  • feather's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I got 99 problems being Merv ain't one.
  • Posts: 9557
  • Thank you received: 9419
  • Karma: 93
Just to clarify one thing.
I was not involved in any discussions or preparations for the new site.
Not that I should have been of course, but just before assumptions are made or aspersions cast.
I've heard that can happen in conspiracy forums. :)


I may have more comments to make, but I'll leave them until the close of polling tomorrow.

:hug:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 07:07 #58

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
dawnbreak wrote:
Why , why why are we moving............I don't understand?

No one is moving dawn.

We have offered the choice of another site and people can decide which they would like to participate in...one or the other, or both.
Y11
You must register to post here.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 07:07 #59

  • jhado
  • jhado's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Facilitator of the Hippy, Weird, and Loving Stuff, the rest is up to them
  • Rankmod
  • Posts: 5020
  • Thank you received: 2209
  • Karma: 70
I find this all a bit dramatic and drastic.

All of this just to get away from my "The wife's leaving me" thread.
Forget yesterday. It has already forgotten you.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dubs

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 07:10 #60

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Posts: 4125
  • Thank you received: 2306
  • Karma: 0
feather wrote:
Just to clarify one thing.
I was not involved in any discussions or preparations for the new site.
Not that I should have been of course, but just before assumptions are made or aspersions cast.
I've heard that can happen in conspiracy forums. :)


I may have more comments to make, but I'll leave them until the close of polling tomorrow.

:hug:

I concur this to be true and correct.
jhado wrote:
I find this all a bit dramatic and drastic.

All of this just to get away from my "The wife's leaving me" thread.

LMAO! :clap:
Y11
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Latest Members Blogs

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Prev Next

What is going on when it comes to 9-11 I…

The EPA (environmental protection agency) and OSHA took air samples in the days following September 11th, they reported that they found no excessive levels of asbestos contrary to other findings....

Read more

9-11 Eleven Years Later

9-11 Eleven Years Later

With the anniversary of September 11th literally just around the corner, unanswered questions still remain for families who lost loved ones during the tragic event, as well as from families...

Read more

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass An…

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass Animal Deaths

In 2008 the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to review a series of lower court rulings that restrict the United States Navy's use of sonar in submarine detection training exercises off...

Read more

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation:
$122 USD on 4th Jan 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8
 
Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d
 
More Info: Donation options for TZ

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.

TradeZone Latest

Visitors

Today241
Yesterday1371
Week1612
Month38768
Total1200771

Your IP Address: 216.73.216.5 Your Browser and OS: Unknown - Unknown Tuesday, 29 September 2026 03:47

Who Is Online

Guests : 708 guests online Members : No members online
© 2012 – 2021 Sanctum Zone | All rights reserved. This website is a place for people to express and discuss their views on the news and world events. DISCLAIMER: Please Note: Views expressed and submitted by contributors are their own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions and beliefs of the Sanctum Zone website and its founder(s) , administrators , moderators , and any other website maintenance technicians, personnel and volunteers. Articles and messages posted on this website and forum are solely the opinion of their authors.

Login or Register

LOG IN

Register

User Registration
or Cancel