Sanctum Zone

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Member feedback is appreciated! Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site better and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ!

TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 00:55 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 1503
Hi everyone.

We the founders and administrators of SZ have from its inception aimed to establish a community which is all inclusive, friendly and well spirited. Our original remit was and still is to create a community where members have a voice in the way things are run and where they can contribute without being bullied, harassed or belittled, regardless of their views and opinions. We believe that a healthy vibrant community requires balance which can only be achieved when everyone respects the rights of others to hold different views to those of their own.

Unfortunately, we feel that such balance hasn't been achieved on SZ, and that the site and its future prospects are suffering as a consequence. So, sadly, after much in-depth discussion (and a good deal of soul-searching), the three of us have decided to move on and build a new website, because we feel that on this site we are unable to make the necessary changes that need to be made whilst at the same time retaining our integrity.

In hindsight, we were probably far too optimistic in our expectations in allowing community involvement at a micro level, the result of which in our opinion has resulted in the hindering of the development of the community, due to many issues never actually being resolved, and often resulting in endless hypothetical points being brought up over and over again, only to end in a stalemate. Someone needs to take responsibility in order to move things forward and ensure that things run efficiently. As the hosts of the website and related services ultimately we are responsible both legally and to the community, therefore the responsibility falls on us.

Our new site is called Truth Zone, and is complete.

https://truth-zone.co.uk/forum.html

We hope that every single one of you will join us there. It will retain the original core values of both this and the original Sanctum site, and will still be open to community involvement, but that involvement will be more retrospective. Opinions and feedback received from members will continue to be taken into consideration, but we the administration team will make the final deci­sions on how best to go about managing the site in the best interests of the membership as a whole.

We sincerely hope that most of you trust our judgement to do this, and will be happy with us making the decisions needed in order to run Truth Zone in an efficient way on your behalf. Indeed, many of you have already told us that this is how you would like to see things done on this site. We don't want to rewrite the rules here and stamp down on the community by imposing changes that some members may not be agreeable to. We also feel that members who feel they can create a consensus based community should have the opportunity to achieve their goals. That's why we felt the fairest solution was for us to create a new site and allow members the opportunity to follow the path best suited to their personal aspirations.

SO, what happens to the current SZ?

Well that's for the community to decide. Ideally it would mean that members who have stated that they would prefer the SZ to be run by community consensus will adopt the site, and take over the management of it. The community would then need to elect a team that we will hand the current site over to. After the hand over there will be a grace period to allow the new team to arrange for funding, hosting and recruitment of technical staff etc. We will offer assistance in the initial stages and provide security maintenance for the core of the site short term. There will be no further development by us, effectively freezing the site in its current state until a new administrator is appointed. The new admin team will be responsible for the running of the community once the community elects them or a volunteer steps forward to head up the new team. The community will need to give the OK to anyone who takes it upon themselves to volunteer. Exact point of handover to be established.

What we would like to see happen is a situation where members have the opportunity to be involved in either or both communities, thereby maintaining their existing friendships, whilst at the same time creating two distinct identities for each community. Although we accept that this may be hard to achieve, we would really like this to result in a positive outcome for us all. Those members who would like to commit to a consensus based system will have the opportunity to build the community they would like to see, while members who would prefer a more conventional system with an open and interactive policy can dip their toe into the new site.

Please open a new thread in order to discuss establishing a new management team or related issues, this thread is for members wishing to discuss the creation of the new site and the effects on this community.

Thank you people,

Your admin team,
DG, Novum, Frog
truth-zone.co.uk/ - the other place...

The pen is mightier than the sword
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 03:52 by novum.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 00:58 #2

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 3544
I would only ask you take your time over it :)
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:05 #3

• martg
  • ZONED OUT
  • Senior Boarder
  • Rank3
  • Thank you received: 512
you don't have to keep moving on, just tell me to go or ban me
I'll likely be gone in the next couple of weeks anyway

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:10 #4

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2305
martg wrote:

Hi martg, this decision isnt based on any single member.

In fact we have had plenty of feedback along the same lines as what you have said tonight.

Effectively people have a choice now.
Y11

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:10 #5

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
This is the location of the new site...

Truth Zone

Truth Zone Forum
Y11
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 03:54 by novum.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:20 #6

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 3378
May I ask a few questions?

1) In the OP it says "Our new site is called Truth Zone, and is almost com­plete." . Am i to believe thta you have been working on this for some time?

2) In the OP it says "we the admin­is­tra­tion team will make the final deci­sions on how best to go about man­ag­ing the site in the best inter­ests of the mem­ber­ship as a whole" . Will open and public discussion of moderation be prohibited?

3) Would it be possible to archive content from SZ to TZ?

4) When will Sod, Tiswas and Sean get to say "I told you so and how many times?"
thank you St Jude for favours granted

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:20 #7

• pheony
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 938
Choice is a wonderful thing and this might mean that everyone can find a place that they can feel comfortable with, whether it be here or Truth zone.

I wish you all the best. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, Gilly

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:22 #8

• pheony
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 938
martg wrote:

Don't say that martg. I'm sure that nobody would want you to go. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, and Justice for All

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:31 #9

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
novum wrote:
This is the location of the new site.

truth-zone.co.uk/forum.html

I take it you've not edited the rules yet? :)

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:32 #10

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
mikey mikey wrote:
May I ask a few questions?

sure
mikey mikey wrote:
1) In the OP it says "Our new site is called Truth Zone, and is almost com­plete." . Am i to believe thta you have been working on this for some time?

Actually no..thats the truth of it...not very long at all.
mikey mikey wrote:
2) In the OP it says "we the admin­is­tra­tion team will make the final deci­sions on how best to go about man­ag­ing the site in the best inter­ests of the mem­ber­ship as a whole" . Will open and public discussion of moderation be prohibited?

No, it will be the same as here, no DIF cant speak to the mods stuff.
mikey mikey wrote:
3) Would it be possible to archive content from SZ to TZ?

It is a brand new and seperate site mikey, so no that will not be occurring.

This is not the end of SZ by any means.
mikey mikey wrote:
4) When will Sod, Tiswas and Sean get to say "I told you so and how many times?"

Thats up to you guys and whoever else wants SZ to continue.
Y11
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2012 04:12 by novum.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:33 #11

• angelchemuel
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 1356
Oh dear, oh dear, dear, dear...... :gn:
"love it better"
the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:50 #12

• StarsChildren
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • El Blanca Loco Uno
  • Thank you received: 1427
May I ask why you didn't just assume control over this site/forum and stop letting members get a vote in issues involving the running of this one? If that is why you're opening a new one up.

I understand the community gets a say bit, but if it was causing a problem, instead of creating a new site, just reset the rules. Minor issues are open for discussion, big issues are not open for discussion, input is welcome but will not be voted on, members are allowed to make a recommendation for the site, but it is ultimately up to the team running the site, etc... It just seems more simple to put your foot down and say, "enough, this is how it is going to be, quit your bitching" instead of redesigning and opening a new website and forum. You've already done it, so that is a mute point, but...if what if situations and never reaching a decision was the problem, that would have been how I would have handled it. Okay, I'm shutting up, I'm babbling now...

Edit: 1 last thing... sorry if I misunderstood/read the OP wrong, but what I got from it was basically what I asked and talked about above...correct me if it was a misunderstanding.
I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood
and I have no problem with going out the same way :twisted:
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 01:51 by StarsChildren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:52 #13

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
  • we cant stop here, this is dog country
  • Thank you received: 5668
StarsChildren wrote:
May I ask why you didn't just assume control over this site/forum and stop letting members get a vote in issues involving the running of this one? If that is why you're opening a new one up.

I understand the community gets a say bit, but if it was causing a problem, instead of creating a new site, just reset the rules. Minor issues are open for discussion, big issues are not open for discussion, input is welcome but will not be voted on, members are allowed to make a recommendation for the site, but it is ultimately up to the team running the site, etc... It just seems more simple to put your foot down and say, "enough, this is how it is going to be, quit your bitching" instead of redesigning and opening a new website and forum. You've already done it, so that is a mute point, but...if what if situations and never reaching a decision was the problem, that would have been how I would have handled it. Okay, I'm shutting up, I'm babbling now...

Edit: 1 last thing... sorry if I misunderstood/read the OP wrong, but what I got from it was basically what I asked and talked about above...correct me if it was a misunderstanding.

Wasn't babble to me woman.
the anorak hides the fact that sean is composed of 95% vaginas

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 01:59 #14

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
novum wrote:

Actually no..thats the truth of it...not very long at all..

I have joined :)

I saw your post: dated 23rd Sept

So it's a big relief that this decision had nothing to do with recent events :cheer:

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:02 #15

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
For the community;
I'm willing to talke on the financial burden of TSZ (I'm guessing I can afford it), however there's no way in hell I can find the time to manage it so....

Up to you guys to say what you want to happen.

Personally I see no problem with this site. I'm happy with the rules I accepted when I joined up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, psketti, and Justice for All

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:13 #16

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
andyh wrote:
For the community;
I'm willing to talke on the financial burden of TSZ (I'm guessing I can afford it), however there's no way in hell I can find the time to manage it so....

Up to you guys to say what you want to happen.

Personally I see no problem with this site. I'm happy with the rules I accepted when I joined up.

Wow. Andyh. Don't know what to say.

Besides thanks very much (about three hundred times).

What needs to be done? :think:
The following user(s) said Thank You: and Justice for All

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:24 #17

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
StarsChildren wrote:

The announcement talks about why we weren't prepared to change how we had presented the site to the community, we would have effectively been going back on our word, on what had already been presented to members.
Y11
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 02:36 by novum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyh

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:27 #18

• StarsChildren
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • El Blanca Loco Uno
  • Thank you received: 1427
Maybe it's just me Novum and my demented look on humanity, or lack of trust in humanity... but I would have had no problem with ya'll going back on your word, everyone does it... and if it was because of a misjudgment, it's called a mistake and fixing it.
But I do understand your reasoning, even though it's not how I would have handled it. :)
I came into this world kicking and screaming while covered in someone elses blood
and I have no problem with going out the same way :twisted:
The following user(s) said Thank You: novum, psketti, cantata

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:30 #19

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Just out of interes: If your first post, novum, was a week ago, how long did it take you to get it up and running once you had made your decision?
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2012 02:30 by mikey mikey.

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ! 29 Sep 2012 02:34 #20

• novum
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder 
  • Rank5
mikey mikey wrote:
Just out of interes: If your first post, novum, was a week ago, how long did it take you to get it up and running once you had made your decision?

I havent been counting the time tbh.

Decision was made before that post is what i remember though.
Y11
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds