Sanctum Zone

Keyword
A+ A A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moments of stupidity

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 18:23 #1

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
I'm slightly bored, therefore, I invite you to relate any foolish things you've done. The more embarrassing the better.

For example, I once became panic-stricken at being trapped in one of those old red telephone boxes. No amount of pushing would budge the door, and it was a scary predicament. Eventually it dawned on me that it was because it wasn't the door I was trying to open, but one of the walls.

Do you have a story of stupidity to share? :rab:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phemohilia, hugorune, electricdreams

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 18:28 #2

  • phemohilia
  • phemohilia's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • chickenbone
  • Rank4
  • Posts: 1283
  • Thank you received: 1206
  • Karma: 52
I've had 40 years of them, Gilly. :taptap:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilly

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 18:29 #3

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
Well just pick one of the good uns & spill! :D
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 18:54 #4

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
20 odd views & nobody's admitting doing anything stupid?
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 18:57 #5

  • Quality Street
  • Quality Street's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 402
  • Thank you received: 750
  • Karma: 0
TBH I've been wracking my brains, but it doesn't seem to be working very well today :emb:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilly

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:09 #6

  • electricdreams
  • electricdreams's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 165
  • Thank you received: 413
  • Karma: 0
I could go on for years on this thread :D

Here are two for starters, very similar, from my childhood;

- I thought it'd be 'cool' to stick my finger in a lamp where the lightbulb goes and pretend I'd been electrocuted. Unfortunately the lamp was connected to the mains and switched on so I was electrocuted.

- I thought it'd be 'cool' to pretend a car ciggie lighter was all heated up, stick it into the flesh on my hand and pretend I didn't feel a thing. And I didn't feel a thing - for a few seconds, then the burning pain hit me as I realised I had heated it up. When I took it away my skin was dribbling away...

These are 'just' warm ups for the main acts...and yes I have never had much grip on 'practical' reality :wissl: :rofl:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oioioi, Gilly, hugorune, mild_peril, Weeman, Quality Street, tumbleweed

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:12 #7

  • phemohilia
  • phemohilia's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • chickenbone
  • Rank4
  • Posts: 1283
  • Thank you received: 1206
  • Karma: 52
*still thinking*
You must register to post here.

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:17 #8

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
:D That reminds me of when my brother burned himself on the cooker, and when asked why he'd placed the whole palm of his hand on the hot-plate, his explanation was, "To see if it was hot".
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hugorune, Weeman, electricdreams, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:19 #9

  • tumbleweed
  • tumbleweed's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rank1
  • Posts: 38
  • Thank you received: 71
  • Karma: 0
I once decided to save ££££s by DIY boot repair.
I used a whole tube of superglue to stick a a flapping sole back on to a boot. Then I put the boot on, and walked up and down the stairs a few times thus creating a perfect, everlasting bond.
Unfortunately the perfect and everlasting bond turned out to be between my foot... my sock... the boot..........
Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014 19:20 by tumbleweed. Reason: sp - see me
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, Gilly, hugorune, Ian2day, mild_peril, Weeman, electricdreams, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:30 #10

  • feather
  • feather's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I got 99 problems being Merv ain't one.
  • Posts: 9557
  • Thank you received: 9419
  • Karma: 93
Making polite conversation with a fairly high powered group of social work services groups execs waiting for stragglers to arrive for a meeting the chat turned to boats and shipping for some reason. My family have been lightkeepers, deep sea trawlermen, merchant and royal navy, fishery protection etc so I chipped in that I came from a long line of seamen.

There was an awkward silence for a second and then :killinme: ......... :emb:

Troof.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oioioi, Gilly, hugorune, mild_peril, unmasked, Weeman, Quality Street, tumbleweed

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:33 #11

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
One of my friends once smeared cooking oil all over her living room floor, because she'd asked a mutual friend for tips on seeing off woodworm, and he'd said Cuprinol, but had a bad speech defect.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, hugorune, Weeman, electricdreams, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:36 #12

  • Quality Street
  • Quality Street's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 402
  • Thank you received: 750
  • Karma: 0
Gilly wrote:
One of my friends once smeared cooking oil all over her living room floor, because she'd asked a mutual friend for tips on seeing off woodworm, and he'd said Cuprinol, but had a bad speech defect.
:lolplac: :urok: :killinme:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilly

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:37 #13

  • electricdreams
  • electricdreams's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 165
  • Thank you received: 413
  • Karma: 0
Feather - reminds me of the time in my first job after university when we were waiting for a new boss to arrive. Some guy came in one day and started changing things with a real attitude. When we went out for drinks one night I told him he should be careful because the new boss when he turned up probably wouldn't like all his arrogant meddling...

oops :emb:
Last Edit: 30 Jan 2014 19:38 by electricdreams.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, Gilly, Weeman, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 19:52 #14

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
I once thought I was doing a new manager a favour, when I rung to tip her the wink that our area manager had just left my shop & was heading for hers.

Coz she was new, I knew he wouldn't be doing much rooting in the stats & stuff, but I must not have made myself clear, saying something like, "Les is on his way - he'll be checking everything's tidy & your point of sale's current", because when he arrived, she said, "Oh, you must be Les, you've come to clean the shop", and passed him a tin of polish & a duster. I nearly died of laughter. :rofl:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oioioi, Weeman, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 20:27 #15

  • thoreau
  • thoreau's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Posts: 1563
  • Thank you received: 2189
  • Karma: 47
did a dive into a swimming pool and when i surfaced a load of people were pointing and clapping - so i did a bow and twirl thinking it had been a good dive or summat - looked down and i had lost the top of my cossie :(

showing a group of people round the office and walked into a wall

catapulting birthday cake onto my face through bad placement of hands on the tray the cake was on
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

“Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower”
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyh, oioioi, Gilly, hugorune, Weeman, Quality Street, tumbleweed

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 20:57 #16

  • hugorune
  • hugorune's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I'm not wearing hockey pants
  • Posts: 4656
  • Thank you received: 4131
  • Karma: 15
Drinking creosote because it smelled so nice and would obviously taste good. :barfonu:
Si me puede disparar los conejos, a continuación, puedo disparar fascistas
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, thoreau, Gilly, Weeman, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 21:02 #17

  • Abs
  • Abs's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • How are you thinking today?
  • Posts: 6891
  • Thank you received: 3940
  • Karma: 112
Many years ago now...I was working for a charity and had cause to introduce our service to the good people of the BBC, who happened to be based in the same borough.

Anyway, there was I, floating about on the veranda of the BBC building, when I commented on how nice the "new extension/reception area" was.

I was then informed it had in fact recently been rebuilt following quite a severe terrorist bombing.

I was all...

Images


:umm:
What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.

-Buddha
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, thoreau, Gilly, Weeman, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 21:28 #18

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
At my mums, got bad stomach ache so she pointed to a drawer & told me to get the kaolin & morphine. Took a great swig out of a bottle before I realised it was calamine lotion.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abs, hugorune, Weeman, Quality Street

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 21:34 #19

  • Evie
  • Evie's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Zoner
  • Rank6
  • Posts: 463
  • Thank you received: 393
  • Karma: 0
I don't know where to start :couch:
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilly, mild_peril

Moments of stupidity 30 Jan 2014 21:52 #20

  • hugorune
  • hugorune's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I'm not wearing hockey pants
  • Posts: 4656
  • Thank you received: 4131
  • Karma: 15
As a lad I was a tad confused about left-wing Guerrillas killing people in Africa. Who the hell gave gorillas guns and how the hell do they know they play down the wing. :conf:

It took a while for the penny to drop. :emb:
Si me puede disparar los conejos, a continuación, puedo disparar fascistas
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, thoreau, Gilly, Liliths F_U, Weeman, Quality Street, tumbleweed
Moderators: oioioi, psketti, batou
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Latest Members Blogs

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Prev Next

What is going on when it comes to 9-11 I…

The EPA (environmental protection agency) and OSHA took air samples in the days following September 11th, they reported that they found no excessive levels of asbestos contrary to other findings....

Read more

9-11 Eleven Years Later

9-11 Eleven Years Later

With the anniversary of September 11th literally just around the corner, unanswered questions still remain for families who lost loved ones during the tragic event, as well as from families...

Read more

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass An…

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass Animal Deaths

In 2008 the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to review a series of lower court rulings that restrict the United States Navy's use of sonar in submarine detection training exercises off...

Read more

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation:
$122 USD on 4th Jan 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8
 
Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d
 
More Info: Donation options for TZ

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.

TradeZone Latest

Visitors

Today1986
Yesterday2910
Week11879
Month17988
Total1220988

Your IP Address: 216.73.216.232 Your Browser and OS: Unknown - Unknown Thursday, 08 October 2026 17:24

Who Is Online

Guests : 628 guests online Members : No members online
© 2012 – 2021 Sanctum Zone | All rights reserved. This website is a place for people to express and discuss their views on the news and world events. DISCLAIMER: Please Note: Views expressed and submitted by contributors are their own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions and beliefs of the Sanctum Zone website and its founder(s) , administrators , moderators , and any other website maintenance technicians, personnel and volunteers. Articles and messages posted on this website and forum are solely the opinion of their authors.

Login or Register

LOG IN

Register

User Registration
or Cancel