Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Anarchy in Uganda

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:42 #221

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 3545
There you go with the word 'utopian' again lol.

You're just trolling at this stage Mike as its self evident utopia is impossible.

Anarchism is about people who instinctively know how to act the right way on a personal level in pretty much all circumstances.
Surprisingly enough a lot of people are capable of it and do just that here today.

When things get bad people tend to put it right eventually, anarchism is merely about setting good example is all. Theres nothing ridiculously impossible or unrealistic about it at all. Every single thing you have mentioned thus far is some kind of weird cock jerking about imagined scenarios. An unproductive circle jerk I've seen all too often on many a forum now.
'Oh who will build hospitals...' seriously..WTF?
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:45 #222

• Mike
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 183
Anarchism is about people who instinctively know how to act the right way on a personal level in pretty much all circumstances.
Surprisingly enough a lot of people are capable of it and do just that here today.

When things get bad people tend to put it right eventually, anarchism is merely about setting good example is all. Theres nothing ridiculously impossible or unrealistic about it at all. Every single thing you have mentioned thus far is some kind of weird cock jerking about imagined scenarios.
I've only asked you questions to broaden the debate beyond such trivialities, you seem unwilling to consider the questions I've raised, let alone answer them and more content instead to perpetuate the circular jerking by accusations of trolling etcetera.

If Anarchism means 3 people in a forum being anarchists and having fundamentally different interpretations of the word you'll forgive me for thinking it exactly the kind of ideology that leads to the excesses of individualism so evident in RA's opening post.

And by the way the bolded is closer to "Moralism" than Anarchism.
Last Edit: 23 Feb 2013 19:47 by Mike.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:49 #223

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Mike wrote:

When things get bad people tend to put it right eventually, anarchism is merely about setting good example is all. Theres nothing ridiculously impossible or unrealistic about it at all. Every single thing you have mentioned thus far is some kind of weird cock jerking about imagined scenarios.
I've only asked you questions to broaden the debate beyond such trivialities, you seem unwilling to consider the questions I've raised, let alone answer them and more content instead to perpetuate the circular jerking by accusations of trolling etcetera.

If Anarchism means 3 people in a forum being anarchists and having fundamentally different interpretations of the word you'll forgive me for thinking it exactly the kind of ideology that leads to the excesses of individualism so evident in RA's opening post.

And by the way the bolded is closer to "Moralism" than Anarchism.

Theres people who like to think they change things by violence Mike and theres guys willing to sacrifice themselves on a cross to make their point.

Call it anarcho-moralism if you like lol.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:50 #224

• Mike
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
Mikey got his fangs into you in Venice did he mate?

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:51 #225

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Mike wrote:
Mikey got his fangs into you in Venice did he mate?

lol hardly, if anything it was the other way around but our differences are very small.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:56 #226

• Mike
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
I agree ;)
So did you have a religious upbringing or something?

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 19:58 #227

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Mike wrote:
I agree ;)
So did you have a religious upbringing or something?

I didn't no. I've lived as a kid through a few different cultures that were religious though, I've seen islam,buddhism and christianity.
My own parents were atheist.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:02 #228

• dogsmilk
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke
  • Thank you received: 811
andyh wrote:
dogsmilk wrote:
Mike wrote:
dogsmilk wrote:
Mike wrote:
God that guy tried to blow up Franco with a bomb, fair play to him, hardly a great poster boy for what Anarchism means, when taken in the context of RA's thread here.

A guy tried to blow up Franco with a bomb you say? What has that got to do with social chaos in Uganda?

Many anarchists would disagree with Andy and see themselves as revolutionary (not that that difference in opinion matters - both are just different perspectives). Revolutionaries (of any political persausion) might be violent.

The lady in my avatar (Brigitte Mohnhaupt), among other things, tried to assasinate a US army general with an anti-tank rocket. She did this from a Marxist revolutionary perspective. Does that mean Uganda has gone Marxist?
well the point was mainly that Anarchism doesn't seem to fit the ideals of most here.
It's generally people like the Anarchists here that complain about such things, fair play to the guy, I just see his actions as kind of incompatible to the way people here represent anarchy.

I don't have labels, how anarchistic is that?

I'm not sure what you mean. Anarchism evolved as a revolutionary ideology, but the nature in which that is expressed is varied, just as it is with people who support other political systems. Some anarchists believe in violent revolution, some are pacifists, some like Andy believe anarchism will evolve. I don't get what the big point is. People who subscribe to capitalist democracy might be pacifists or they might believe capitalist democracy should be instigated by force. People have a habit of being on a continuum in how far they think it's legitimate to use political violence or how they believe a certain state of affairs should come about.

Anarchism is about social ideal. Its something we have to evolve towards. Its not achieved through revolution or force because thats just more of the same.
Anarchism cannot be enforced, its a ridiculous thing to think otherwise or to make stupid questions about police and hospitals.

And there's nothing wrong with that opinion. But I think many anarchists feel that ultimately the state would need to be overthrown with force, because the status quo would never go down without a fight. And people might think it's legitimate to deploy violence against property or even people if they believe it is just. Alexander Berkman tried to assassinate some boss who was using armed guards to protect scab labour to break a strike because he felt it was legitimate to kill someone who was using force to subjugate working people. Some people take class war as a literal war.
I think it's particularly pertinent in conspiracy circles where people believe the ptb do worse than even most anarchists believe they do.
I'm not disagreeing with your stance or advocating violence, just pointing out that other people might believe at some point things get physical, if only because the state will act to stop itself being undermined.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:04 #229

• Mike
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
Fair do's, there's a lot of good stuff in the Religious traditions, mainly because they dominated such large periods of human history, but they have and continue to stifle and negatively influence evolution in various ways imo.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:08 #230

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
dogsmilk wrote:

And there's nothing wrong with that opinion. But I think many anarchists feel that ultimately the state would need to be overthrown with force, because the status quo would never go down without a fight. And people might think it's legitimate to deploy violence against property or even people if they believe it is just. Alexander Berkman tried to assassinate some boss who was using armed guards to protect scab labour to break a strike because he felt it was legitimate to kill someone who was using force to subjugate working people. Some people take class war as a literal war.
I think it's particularly pertinent in conspiracy circles where people believe the ptb do worse than even most anarchists believe they do.
I'm not disagreeing with your stance or advocating violence, just pointing out that other people might believe at some point things get physical, if only because the state will act to stop itself being undermined.

Yep thats fine, its pretty obvious people believe all sorts of stuff.
Personally I'd call people like that marxists/revolutionaries.
I don't expect the people to actually be capable of fighting the state in any small numbers and large numbers would simply tilt the applecart regardless without violence.
People change with the times, you can't look at history books to see how to do things now.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:09 #231

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Mike wrote:
Fair do's, there's a lot of good stuff in the Religious traditions, mainly because they dominated such large periods of human history, but they have and continue to stifle and negatively influence evolution in various ways imo.

Absolutely, mikey himself I know is disgusted with the church.
He basically follows a religious 'ideal' just as I tend to follow an anarchistic 'ideal'. Theres very little between us in that respect.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:44 #232

• Mike
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
There's also the fact their so fixated on the "next world", their "paradise", they generally forget all about their stake in this one.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Feb 2013 20:50 #233

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
Mike wrote:
There's also the fact their so fixated on the "next world", their "paradise", they generally forget all about their stake in this one.

Thats the religious zealots yes.

The reasonable crowd believe they have to work for it.

Anarchy in Uganda 18 Mar 2013 01:38 #234

• ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 362
Is lack of education to blame for this behavior in Uganda?

Yet we wonder why the majority of people in the west support the system and always keep it afloat.
"The Great Liberator" aka #1 Anarchist

Anarchy in Uganda 18 Mar 2013 01:58 #235

• LightGiver
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 396
.......... wrote:
Is lack of education to blame for this behavior in Uganda?

Yet we wonder why the majority of people in the west support the system and always keep it afloat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin
The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you.. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2013 01:59 by LightGiver.

Anarchy in Uganda 18 Mar 2013 02:14 #236

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
  • we cant stop here, this is dog country
  • Thank you received: 5668
:cool2:
the anorak hides the fact that sean is composed of 95% vaginas

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Mar 2013 10:02 #237

• Col. Trautman
  • ZONED OUT
  • Spammer
  • Rankspammer
  • Thank you received: 8
What will anarchists do with violent criminals? Will there be a prison system? Will prisoners be their own prison officers? Will anarchism eradicate evil from the world?

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Mar 2013 12:08 #238

• oioioi
  • ZONED OUT
  • Zone Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • with my droogs
  • Thank you received: 7307
Col. Trautman wrote:
What will anarchists do with violent criminals? Will there be a prison system? Will prisoners be their own prison officers? Will anarchism eradicate evil from the world?

Make them build hospitals...even if we don't need any more hospitals!
If you have any issues with the forum or it's members, for a speedier response, rather than pressing the report button, please post them here: sanctumzone.co.uk/forum/Forum-Projects--...scussion-thread.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Bandit

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Mar 2013 12:21 #239

• Col. Trautman
  • ZONED OUT
  • Spammer
  • Rankspammer
  • Thank you received: 8
oioioi wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:

Hospitals?I don't follow you.

Anarchy in Uganda 23 Mar 2013 12:33 #240

• oioioi
  • ZONED OUT
  • Zone Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • with my droogs
  • Thank you received: 7307
Col. Trautman wrote:
oioioi wrote:
Col. Trautman wrote:

Hospitals?I don't follow you.

I'm not a leader, don't follow me.
If you have any issues with the forum or it's members, for a speedier response, rather than pressing the report button, please post them here: sanctumzone.co.uk/forum/Forum-Projects--...scussion-thread.html
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds