Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 06 Oct 2016 15:43 #3881

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2296
Tiz done. Last day here is the 17th :O
"laws are unenforceable if the majority break them."-humanspirit,
"avoid the concept of an ambassador for truth altogether"-gilly.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cantata

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 06 Oct 2016 16:49 #3882

• cantata
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 1123
YAY You! Ooo, all Best Wishes with this, dubs - Life begins on the 18th. :thumbup:
There is no such thing as Thin Air: Thin Air is full of the particles of creation.

Take something that costs you nothing but effort;
And practice, practice, practice until you make it something fabulous.

"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
If he undaunted be....". (Beowulf)....
The following user(s) said Thank You: dubmeup

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 06 Oct 2016 17:14 #3883

• Ian2day
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Thank you received: 195
What services :chuckle: will you be offering from the 18th Dubs?

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 06 Oct 2016 19:55 #3884

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Oh the things i could say in response to that question, ian :chuckle:
Aiming to offer complete property maintenance again but need to rebuild my toolboxes so am starting off with stuff like painting, tiling, minor repairs and stuff at first. Stuff i already have the gear for. Then if and when things get going, i'll invest in the tools needed for the more involved stuff.

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 18 Oct 2016 20:52 #3885

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 4418
And people say there are no positive consequences of Brexit...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37692481
A range of "Brexit scenarios" will face players of the Football Manager 2017 game when it is released next month.

Gamers will have to manage the transfer of virtual football players in "soft" and "hard" versions of Brexit - affecting whether they are able to move freely between the UK and the EU.

However, in a further scenario, work permits may be made available under special conditions.

Managers will receive an alert informing them of new circumstances.

The decision to include the feature was made immediately after the UK's vote on EU membership in June, according to Miles Jacobson, the game's director at UK games firm Sports Interactive.

"I started working on the feature on the Saturday morning after the vote," he told the BBC. "I was trying to work out how it would affect my business and the sport that I love.

"I sat on the sofa for two days reading as much as I could from the pro- and anti-Brexit camps."

Mr Jacobson added that he went into the office the following Monday and told his team, despite the game's features having already been finalised, that he wanted to include the Brexit scenarios in the finished title.

"The fact that this is going to happen in the next few years means that it really has to be in the game," he explained.

But he also said that in recent months, the team has tweaked the possibility of some scenarios happening over others.

"When we were working on it, the idea of a hard Brexit had a lower chance of happening than is now the case - we changed that with the Tory conference," said Mr Jacobson.

The Telegraph reported that a hard Brexit option would have the "biggest effect" on gameplay.

By means of an example, Mr Jacobson said that in a test game played last night, the UK left the EU and Scotland voted to become an independent country.

In his game, the regulations over work permits were relaxed slightly but were newly applied to EU nationals.

"Many games these days are complex enough to require companies to employ in-house economists, but rarely do they pivot such activity around real-world political issues," said Steve Bailey, a games analyst at market research firm IHS Technology.

"And so, it'll be interesting to see just how players respond to these scenarios, and what ongoing consequences they'll bring for how the game is played."

Mr Jacobson says he thinks, whatever the outcome of Brexit negotiations in the real world, there will definitely be "ramifications" for the football business.

In January, Tory peer Karren Brady voiced fears that Brexit could lead to some EU players in the UK having to leave.

However, former Football Association chairman Greg Dyke said in June that, while it was too early to know exactly how it will affect football in England, there was a possibility it could have a positive effect for English players looking for a chance to play in the Premier League.

Football Manager 2017 will be released on 4 November on PC, Mac and Linux with a mobile version for iOS and Android devices following on 17 November.
The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. The true measure of a man is this: how quickly he can respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give - Philip K. Dick.

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 20 Oct 2016 21:05 #3886

• cantata
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
How's Life Without The Shackles dubs? Good I hope. :)
There is no such thing as Thin Air: Thin Air is full of the particles of creation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dubmeup

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 23 Oct 2016 10:26 #3887

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
All good, got my first big job starting next week and am booked till start of feb from then on :)
Have just splashed out on a van which means selling some guitars though :( But it's a good van that'll do the job.
All going well :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Cloud, Ian2day

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 23 Oct 2016 16:47 #3888

• Ian2day
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
dubs, is it word of mouth or advertising, which is getting you the work?

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 23 Oct 2016 19:58 #3889

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Pretty much word of mouth Ian. I put the word out round people i've worked with and who know what i'm about. That's been the foot in the door I needed. Now i just got to do a good job for these first customers and let it go from there innit. I have ordered some signage for the van though so that can be a mobile advert. I'm setting up a facebook page for the business too but am struggling with that a bit.

Why? You thinking of getting back to SE again?
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2016 20:01 by dubmeup.

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 24 Oct 2016 13:37 #3890

• Ian2day
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
I was just curious thats all. Those websites like rated people are worth your while registering with as that is how I sourced someone to fit a dishwasher for me. There's loads of jobs on there that you could probably do.

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 25 Oct 2016 19:39 #3891

• Hexhammer
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 1129
I guess its one of those days again. I had to walk quite a lot today and of course its snowing like heck, really wet snow too which sticks to everything. My legs froze pretty nicely. It happens every time the winter's starting. And when I get used to it, then its spring again. Damn Finnish seasons. :aargh:

I'm going to make some new drumming videos soon. We're having few gigs coming up soon and I'm practicing a lot again... I thought I could make some videos on the side, its been a good while since I made one. Actually it has been very nice change of pace to stay out of that for some time and out of doing much music over all... I haven't been playing on my own time for few months now, mainly just what we have been writing new songs and some technical practice form time to time. I kind of burned out a bit with making videos. It takes quite a lot of effort to make one and I'm getting nothing in return. No money involved and most of the so called feedback I get is either just non-existent or not very helpful. And the last mistake is to share the videos on musicians websites or forums.... Firstly musicians are very difficult to please as their standards are often ridiculously high and there's also a strong element of jealousy, which nobody dares to admit of course. And finally if you're not part of a clique or the inner social circle of what ever forum it is, there's no way you're going to get any acceptance what so ever. Normal listeners are much better in that regard, they either like the music or they don't and that's it. I hate to put effort into something, then share it only to get my work ripped in parts and bashed...

Anyway, I'm going to make some videos just for fun and take absolutely no pressure about it. Not even about my performance, if somebody doesn't like it, screw them for all I care.

Oh by the way, my lovely dog ate my new sim card today. Mans best friend and all that.

14715441 10211450080911012 5568960416433653844 O
The things you leave behind, you find in front of you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cantata, dubmeup, Ian2day

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 25 Oct 2016 20:24 #3892

• Ian2day
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
Hex your dog is looking very pleased with itself! :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: cantata, Hexhammer

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 25 Oct 2016 20:42 #3893

• Hexhammer
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
Yes, he was grinning like heck... And yes, huskies definitely know how to grin. :D

I tried to be mad at him but I couldn't. The service provider can make a new sim for me easily anyway, they probably not even going to charge for it when I attach that picture to the message. My phone provider changes in about five days so no harm done. Rascal was so happy to have me back home, sitting there and grinning and happily swinging his tail. I tried my best to be really pissed off but he ruined my effort. :rofl:

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 28 Oct 2016 15:14 #3894

• cantata
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
:D

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 28 Oct 2016 17:28 #3895

• Hexhammer
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
I was correct! Normally they charge a tenner for making a new sim but this one's for free as the picture was so funny. :D I guess they had good laughs about it or something. Damn, the dog's worth some money even. He would do amazing job as a document shredder, maybe I should try to get him an interview at the city hall, our local politicians would love to have something like him around to destroy evidence of their dealings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cantata, dubmeup, Ian2day

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 28 Oct 2016 23:10 #3896

• cantata
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
Hexhammer wrote:
... our local politicians would love to have something like him around to destroy evidence of their dealings.

:D My daughter could do with him around too - for those mornings homework is due in.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hexhammer

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 20 Dec 2016 08:10 #3897

• Black Cloud
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Go Boil An Egg....
  • Thank you received: 1227
Well its nearly that time of year again, you know that fucking ho ho ho :roll:
Ho Ho Fucking Ho
What a croc of shit,
We all work for Santa Claus
We've had enough, we quit,
'Cause we do all the fuckin' work
While he stars in the show,
Shove ya Christmas up ya arse,
Ho Ho Fucking Ho

I really hate that shit where, you've got to be nice to people for one day, who by rights couldn't give you the time of day, for the other 364 days of the year,
over priced commericalised shit, over priced food, if they can make a buck, just shove xmas on it yaay :mad:
I Speak Four Languages Sarcasm English Profanity, And Real Shit...

When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
Joseph Stalin

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 03 Apr 2017 22:54 #3898

• wake_up_bomb
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 4418
I passed my driving test today.

Let me ask a question. A rhetorical question. In what way did today's test demonstrate that I am a competent road user? Trundling around West Didsbury at snail's pace and at one point being asked to do a three-point turn (which I could do the very first time I sat in the driver's seat. And have never once failed to do because you have to do it numerous video games!). A significant proportion of the test was in 20mph zones. You can virtually get out and push faster than that.

In no way have I demonstrated any competence to drive at speeds of over 40mph, and 90% of the test was at speeds slower than this. Furthermore, it only lasted 25 minutes, yet I could have made 14 mistakes and passed! But...if I was in the wrong lane at the wrong time, I would have failed, even though no other road users give a shit and blatantly flaunt the rules of the road all of the time. You must stick to the left-hand lane. Why? No fucker else is! Traffic in front of me in the middle lane is going straight on, traffic behind me in the middle lane is going straight on. None of those vehicles are in the left lane. Yes, but technically you must be in the left lane. Why? It says so on my test sheet.

It's a fucking joke. Tomorrow, if I could get one insured (which I could due to my age) I could go out and buy a Porsche and legally take it on the motorway. In no way have I demonstrated any ability to do that. Furthermore, I don't even know the rules of the road for a motorway! I literally have no idea how motorways work! But no-one could stop me. Yes, you can take a Pass Plus course, or even informally take lessons on motorways, but you don't have to do so.

I haven't even shown the instructor that I can drive safely at 60mph, in fact I barely demonstrated that I can drive safely at 40mph. None of the tricky manoeuvers were part of the test. Instead you get asked some daft questions about how you would test the parking brake is working, which I have never seen anyone do ever! I'm sure there is someone out there who checks that they've got enough windscreen washer fluid before every journey, but it's not any human being I've ever met! Oh, and I know the speed limit for cars towing caravans as well, which I'm sure will prove to be endlessly useful.

It's just a bureaucratic, box-ticking exercise that proves absolutely nothing. Quite honestly, I could have passed today's test after about five hours in a car, ten at the absolute most. It proves almost nothing with regard to your ability to pilot the vehicle.
The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. The true measure of a man is this: how quickly he can respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give - Philip K. Dick.

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 04 Apr 2017 01:00 #3899

• humanspirit
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 894
Once you pass your test the real driving begins,you will find it goes through cycles of not many fruit loops and then days where their all out in force being fruity.

Get on the motorway as soon as possible to give yourself some experience.
naivety attracts evil and evil attracts naivety

Post What's On Your Mind Right Now 04 Apr 2017 07:59 #3900

• dubmeup
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
Dunno if i should say it after all that but um....well done WUB :D
Moderators: oioioi, psketti, batou
Time to create page: 0.452 seconds