Sanctum Zone

Keyword
A+ A A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Darwin v Gays

Darwin v Gays 19 Feb 2014 22:46 #41

  • andyh
  • andyh's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Posts: 10337
  • Thank you received: 3545
  • Karma: 62
unmasked wrote:
andyh wrote:
unmasked wrote:
andyh wrote:
So its an illness that can be treated?

I'm just going to ignore any other branching off of what's going on here (not you, Andy, & I know this post quoted wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to pick it up anyway :) )

Regardless of what anybody wants to call it, the fact is, if scientists ever find out what causes homosexuality, or makes it more likely to occur (if it is pre-conception or birth), then does that leave us with a potential choice?

& if so, who's making that choice? Is it an informed choice? & for what reasons?

We could ask the same about many other aspects we might consider to be genetic.
Its touching on aspects brought up in films like Gattaca for example, which tbh asks some questions of far greater import IMHO than the likes of other dystopian books/films such as Orwell/Huxley which get more focus.
Thank you, I hadn't heard of that, but I just looked it up :)

Yes, we could ask the same - I guess what's different about this though is that most other 'breakthroughs' in genetic selection are to avoid disability etc which of course most people agree is useful science.

I do worry though that with tptb being in the know on these things years before the general public ever get told, that they could be influencing these things. I really don't mean that to sound as sinister or paranoid as it comes across :emb:
But we know it happens, eg keeping quiet on the ill effects of tobacco in exchange for brown envelopes.

The topic touches on transhumanism which is certainly VERY interesting indeed.
Certainly monetary power will be directing the track of this technology and I agree strongly it is something to keep an eye on.
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blue_Tackler, unmasked

Darwin v Gays 19 Feb 2014 22:51 #42

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
Its either a natural occurrence and therefore normal or it isn't.

So, playing along for a moment, if I am to maintain that homosexuality is not normal, and I follow the rules of your argument, I must say that homosexuality is not a natural occurrence.

I think I can see where this one's going. Blundered right into it.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 19 Feb 2014 22:54 #43

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
andyh wrote:
grackus wrote:
andyh wrote:
Anyone can say the only goal is to pass on DNA. It doesn't make them right.
There are many things that get passed on besides genes and it should be obvious :D

What other things get passed on? Do you mean things like moral values or something else?

Art.
Science.
Infrastructure.
Language.
Aspirations.
Achievements.

I thought this part of our discussion was about evolution. but I agree, those things can be passed on.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 19 Feb 2014 23:00 #44

  • andyh
  • andyh's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Posts: 10337
  • Thank you received: 3545
  • Karma: 62
grackus wrote:
Its either a natural occurrence and therefore normal or it isn't.

So, playing along for a moment, if I am to maintain that homosexuality is not normal, and I follow the rules of your argument, I must say that homosexuality is not a natural occurrence.

I think I can see where this one's going. Blundered right into it.

It is visible throughout the animal kingdom.
You can view it as natures way of controlling population figures if you like and nature created it not man. Ergo it is natural.
'Normal' in this respect is a cultural viewpoint. What is viewed as 'normal' by one culture can be designated completely the opposite by another or some shade in between. You are ofc welcome to state that something is not normal by your cultural viewpoint but mother nature would just point and laugh...a bit like humanity considering all sorts of things to be normal or natural but it has nothing to do with reality.
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti, Space Bandit, Blue_Tackler, unmasked

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 00:10 #45

  • thoreau
  • thoreau's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Posts: 1563
  • Thank you received: 2189
  • Karma: 47
@grackus - the key to what people will and will not accept as ok from my experience comes down to consent - a child cannot give informed consent and therefore paedophillia will never ever be an acceptable form of sexual expression.

As for why people are gay - for me it is not important - it is one of the few things that I feel 'just are' and the why is not important.
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

“Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower”
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti, dawnbreak, andyh, Space Bandit, Gilly, grackus, Blue_Tackler

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 01:21 #46

  • feather
  • feather's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I got 99 problems being Merv ain't one.
  • Posts: 9557
  • Thank you received: 9419
  • Karma: 93
Abrahamic religious morality regarding relationships with children is nothing to crow about.
Now that stuff was a cultural choice.

Homosexuality is a natural variation imo.
What I find unnatural is why people who it does not effect want to condemn it.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyh, Gilly

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 02:26 #47

  • batou
  • batou's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Forum Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • Premier Subscriber
  • Posts: 4480
  • Thank you received: 3847
  • Karma: 91
Try it you might like it.
my limbless friend will die alone
a torso of flesh upon the throne

Violence is not the answer, it is the question. the answer is yes.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilly

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 02:35 #48

  • psketti
  • psketti's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
  • we cant stop here, this is dog country
  • Posts: 15528
  • Thank you received: 5668
  • Karma: 100
batou wrote:
Try it you might like it.


If oi's earlier post is anything to go on and going by his homophobic tendancies, I imagine grakus has liked it but only when nobodies looking.
the anorak hides the fact that sean is composed of 95% vaginas
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 02:56 #49

  • batou
  • batou's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Forum Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • Premier Subscriber
  • Posts: 4480
  • Thank you received: 3847
  • Karma: 91
It's sad when a grown gay man has to come on the internet and hate himself. We cant help you until you help yourself grak
my limbless friend will die alone
a torso of flesh upon the throne

Violence is not the answer, it is the question. the answer is yes.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 08:26 #50

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
thoreau wrote:
@grackus - the key to what people will and will not accept as ok from my experience comes down to consent - a child cannot give informed consent and therefore paedophillia will never ever be an acceptable form of sexual expression.

As for why people are gay - for me it is not important - it is one of the few things that I feel 'just are' and the why is not important.

Thank-you for a sensible, and reasoned post, thoreau. I tend to agree with you about the why, seeing as the percentage of homosexuals is supposed to be about 1.5%.

As for consent I happen to think 16 is a fair age. Peter Tatchell, however, is well known for wanting the age of consent to be reduced.

www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/01/21/peter-tatc...ge-of-consent-to-14/

People are trying to prove that children can consent to sex. People are trying to say that because children are having sex with each other anyway there should be a change in the law. In my opinion this is wrong.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 08:29 #51

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
feather wrote:
Abrahamic religious morality regarding relationships with children is nothing to crow about.
Now that stuff was a cultural choice.

Homosexuality is a natural variation imo.
What I find unnatural is why people who it does not effect want to condemn it.

Firstly I have not mentioned religion, Abrahamic or otherwise, in this thread. Secondly giving your opinion that homosexuality is not normal does not add up to condemnation. Do you agree?
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 08:38 #52

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
andyh wrote:
grackus wrote:
Its either a natural occurrence and therefore normal or it isn't.

So, playing along for a moment, if I am to maintain that homosexuality is not normal, and I follow the rules of your argument, I must say that homosexuality is not a natural occurrence.

I think I can see where this one's going. Blundered right into it.

It is visible throughout the animal kingdom.
You can view it as natures way of controlling population figures if you like and nature created it not man. Ergo it is natural.
'Normal' in this respect is a cultural viewpoint. What is viewed as 'normal' by one culture can be designated completely the opposite by another or some shade in between. You are ofc welcome to state that something is not normal by your cultural viewpoint but mother nature would just point and laugh...a bit like humanity considering all sorts of things to be normal or natural but it has nothing to do with reality.

I think I would prefer it if you viewed it as nature's way of controlling population figures. I would rather concentrate on scientific facts when it comes to nature. The same with Mother Nature. If you think that this person has some relevance then that is fine, but please don't expect me to take her pointing and laughing as some sort of evidence for your opinions.

Also I do not think that in matters of sexual morality that looking at the animal kingdom is really any help at all. You said earlier that murder happens in the animal kingdom. I think you are looking at the animal kingdom a bit too much. Animals are incapable of murder. And some dogs will run around fucking anything at all. In my opinion that does not provide any guidelines for how I feel I should act.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 09:02 #53

  • thoreau
  • thoreau's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Posts: 1563
  • Thank you received: 2189
  • Karma: 47
9 @grackus I too think that 16 is a 'good age' for consent to sex however I do think that it can have some 'wriggle room'. There is a huge difference imho between two fourteen year olds having consensual sex and a 30 year old and 14 year old and I would not like to see a 14 year old criminalised for having sex with his/her 14 year old partner - nor do I think that people wake up on their 16th birthday suddenly capable of making an informed decision as to whether they are emotionally ready to have sex. My view is that pre 14 (and this is entirely based on my own experiences so in no way scientific) consent cannot be given in an informed manner.

I do believe the age of consent should be the same for all regardless of gender or sexuality


There are people campaigning to lower the age of consent - some for selfish reasons based on their own desires and others in order to not criminalise the young. Having read the article you linked it would appear tatchell and i share some similar views about the grey area of two similarly aged people being criminalised.
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

“Just living is not enough, one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower”
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abs

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 09:08 #54

  • feather
  • feather's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • I got 99 problems being Merv ain't one.
  • Posts: 9557
  • Thank you received: 9419
  • Karma: 93
grackus wrote:
Firstly I have not mentioned religion, Abrahamic or otherwise, in this thread. Secondly giving your opinion that homosexuality is not normal does not add up to condemnation. Do you agree?
You've done well not to reveal the source of your bigotry so far, I'll give you that.

When you mention and draw parallels between homosexuality and paedophilia in the same breath you've more than made the condemnation clear.
However erroneously based that assertion is.

It's my stance that children are far better protected from paedophiles the further they are from those who take their 'morality' from iron age religious myths.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 10:25 #55

  • oioioi
  • oioioi's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Zone Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • with my droogs
  • Posts: 13058
  • Thank you received: 7307
  • Karma: 91
Awwww, he's still ignoring all my points completely, verifies their validity somewhat :D
If you have any issues with the forum or it's members, for a speedier response, rather than pressing the report button, please post them here: sanctumzone.co.uk/forum/Forum-Projects--...scussion-thread.html
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 12:09 #56

  • andyh
  • andyh's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Posts: 10337
  • Thank you received: 3545
  • Karma: 62
grackus wrote:
andyh wrote:
grackus wrote:
Its either a natural occurrence and therefore normal or it isn't.

So, playing along for a moment, if I am to maintain that homosexuality is not normal, and I follow the rules of your argument, I must say that homosexuality is not a natural occurrence.

I think I can see where this one's going. Blundered right into it.

It is visible throughout the animal kingdom.
You can view it as natures way of controlling population figures if you like and nature created it not man. Ergo it is natural.
'Normal' in this respect is a cultural viewpoint. What is viewed as 'normal' by one culture can be designated completely the opposite by another or some shade in between. You are ofc welcome to state that something is not normal by your cultural viewpoint but mother nature would just point and laugh...a bit like humanity considering all sorts of things to be normal or natural but it has nothing to do with reality.

I think I would prefer it if you viewed it as nature's way of controlling population figures. I would rather concentrate on scientific facts when it comes to nature. The same with Mother Nature. If you think that this person has some relevance then that is fine, but please don't expect me to take her pointing and laughing as some sort of evidence for your opinions.

Also I do not think that in matters of sexual morality that looking at the animal kingdom is really any help at all. You said earlier that murder happens in the animal kingdom. I think you are looking at the animal kingdom a bit too much. Animals are incapable of murder. And some dogs will run around fucking anything at all. In my opinion that does not provide any guidelines for how I feel I should act.

Mother Nature is not a person, lol :)

As for animals, cats will kill a bird or a mouse just for the pleasure of it. Often not eating what they kill.

You're swerving the issue, which is that your version of what is 'normal' is a cultural viewpoint just like religion etc. It has nothing to do with reality hene the use of the word 'normal' is plain stupid.
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 12:49 #57

  • Gilly
  • Gilly's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Psychic Assassin
  • Posts: 11225
  • Thank you received: 6506
  • Karma: 99
Grackus, I don't think this is the first time you've tried to link homosexuality with paedophilia, and, unlike the act of love between consenting adults, that attempt is shamefully immoral, imo.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 12:55 #58

  • andyh
  • andyh's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Posts: 10337
  • Thank you received: 3545
  • Karma: 62
Gilly wrote:
Grackus, I don't think this is the first time you've tried to link homosexuality with paedophilia, and, unlike the act of love between consenting adults, that attempt is shamefully immoral, imo.

Wasn't it Putin who tried to do that too? :)
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 12:56 #59

  • batou
  • batou's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Forum Facilitator
  • Rankmod
  • Premier Subscriber
  • Posts: 4480
  • Thank you received: 3847
  • Karma: 91
Says a lot doesn't it..
What other skeletons in his closet waiting to come out?
my limbless friend will die alone
a torso of flesh upon the throne

Violence is not the answer, it is the question. the answer is yes.
You must register to post here.

Darwin v Gays 20 Feb 2014 13:23 #60

  • grackus
  • grackus's Avatar
  • ZONED OUT
  • Junior Boarder
  • Rank2
  • Posts: 128
  • Thank you received: 49
  • Karma: 0
feather wrote:
grackus wrote:
Firstly I have not mentioned religion, Abrahamic or otherwise, in this thread. Secondly giving your opinion that homosexuality is not normal does not add up to condemnation. Do you agree?
You've done well not to reveal the source of your bigotry so far, I'll give you that.

When you mention and draw parallels between homosexuality and paedophilia in the same breath you've more than made the condemnation clear.
However erroneously based that assertion is.

It's my stance that children are far better protected from paedophiles the further they are from those who take their 'morality' from iron age religious myths.

Maybe I should make my position clearer for those of you unable to stop themselves leaping to the wrong conclusions. I am not condemning homosexuality. I am simply saying that it is not normal. What I am saying is normal is a man and a woman who have sex in order to create little baby humans. I am not saying that homosexuals will end up in Hell for eternity, or that homosexuality should be illegal and homosexuals be put in prison.

I agree with you in part about the iron age myth thing, feather. Once Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire no child in the world was safe/ But I think it is also important to bear in mind that our pagan, luciferian secret masters seem to generate quite a lot of heat when it comes to things like paedophilia, drug abuse, rape etc. A book like Programmed to Kill by Dave McGowan makes it abundantly clear that bog standard Christians are not the source of paedophilia. Moreover it is the satanic rulers of the world.
You must register to post here.
Moderators: oioioi, psketti, batou
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Latest Members Blogs

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Prev Next

What is going on when it comes to 9-11 I…

The EPA (environmental protection agency) and OSHA took air samples in the days following September 11th, they reported that they found no excessive levels of asbestos contrary to other findings....

Read more

9-11 Eleven Years Later

9-11 Eleven Years Later

With the anniversary of September 11th literally just around the corner, unanswered questions still remain for families who lost loved ones during the tragic event, as well as from families...

Read more

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass An…

Strange Noises, Possible Link to Mass Animal Deaths

In 2008 the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to review a series of lower court rulings that restrict the United States Navy's use of sonar in submarine detection training exercises off...

Read more

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 250 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 192 - Raised
( £ 140 GBP )
donation thermometer
56%
Most Recent Donation:
$122 USD on 4th Jan 2021
Bitcoin Address: bc1q0kazqya0nurfxtunxv807vm0m8852nnrrk8mj8
 
Ethereum Address: 0xe69915c80dd75df19f438d556267e04f932f057d
 
More Info: Donation options for TZ

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.

TradeZone Latest

Visitors

Today443
Yesterday2706
Week13042
Month19151
Total1222151

Your IP Address: 216.73.217.50 Your Browser and OS: Unknown - Unknown Friday, 09 October 2026 05:38

Who Is Online

Guests : 795 guests online Members : No members online
© 2012 – 2021 Sanctum Zone | All rights reserved. This website is a place for people to express and discuss their views on the news and world events. DISCLAIMER: Please Note: Views expressed and submitted by contributors are their own personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions and beliefs of the Sanctum Zone website and its founder(s) , administrators , moderators , and any other website maintenance technicians, personnel and volunteers. Articles and messages posted on this website and forum are solely the opinion of their authors.

Login or Register

LOG IN

Register

User Registration
or Cancel