Sanctum Zone

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No-one should ever work! Fuck work!

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 00:30 #1

• Space Bandit
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 2274

A philosophical treatise against the practice of forced labor for income. An abridged reading of 'The Abolition of Work' by Bob Black.
Set the controls for the heart of the earth.
You must register to post here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weeman, Quality Street

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 00:46 #2

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
  • Thank you received: 3544
Yep, what is work for one person could be play for another.
The monetary system is what forces us to do what we actually don't like doing because you have to participate to survive.
There are a few who actually do enjoy work but they are the exception rather than the rule.
Personally, I don't know anyone who would actually enjoy sitting on their bums and doing absolutely nothing 24/7.

What I actually like is a bit of variety and change now and then, an ideal situation would be where people could choose what job they wanted to do not just once but all the time throughout their lives, take whatever holidays they want whenever they like without repercussions etc
“Fascists are not human. A snake is more human.” - Hugo Chávez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Bandit, Weeman, tiger_bloke

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 01:09 #3

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
  • Thank you received: 3378
Indeed I like teaching and would do it for free were it not for the fact that I need to make a living.

The idea that everybody would be idle if it were not for the threat of a big stick is perpetuated by people who like to wield a big stick.

I mean, if we had achieved the dream of a four day week in the 1970s what's the worst that could have happened?

20% fall in production and progress.

So WHAT?

So we'd now be just getting into Nokia phones and throwing out our Walkmans fo portable CD players.

I'd exchange a thousand I-pods for Wednesday off for my family and friends and hobbies.

Fuck it!

I only use I-pods back and forwards to work anyway.
thank you St Jude for favours granted
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyh, Space Bandit, Weeman

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 02:11 #4

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
I could point out actually that if we abandoned the monetary system at the start of the digital era then we would probably have conquered aids,cholera,typhus,dysentry,polio, ended all war, abandoned fossil fuels and we'd already be terraforming Mars by now.

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 02:52 #5

• simulacra
  • ZONED OUT
  • Known Sock
  • Rankbanned
  • Thank you received: 19
Sorry I will watch this at a later date because I appear to be missing something, what's wrong with labor for an income?
It's not like you are forced you have a choice, work or you have to go through the hassle of benefits.

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:07 #6

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
simulacra wrote:
what's wrong with labor for an income?

Ask these guys.
Barclays Bank bonus boost is a disaster amid lay-offs of 12,000 staff

THE vast increase in the Barclays Bank bonus pot from £2.17billion to £2.38billion is outrageous.

www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment...offs-of-12-000-staff

Sorry but the only source I could find was the pinko-left Express. :sorry:

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:11 #7

• simulacra
  • ZONED OUT
  • Known Sock
  • Rankbanned
Grr yeh bloody banks why should we have to work when they can make all the money, I expect you think these bankers should be taxed 70% like your pinko, sex addicted buddy in France Monsiyer Hollandaise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: psketti

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:23 #8

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
simulacra wrote:
I expect you think these bankers should be taxed 70% like your pinko, sex addicted buddy in France Monsiyer Hollandaise.

Indeed; I shall inform the sexually addicted Marxist editorial staff at the Express that they should cease their exorbitant claims for higher taxation (so typical of the that paper, as you know). I mean, if upper management can't lay off 12,000 staff while simultaneously raising by 10% their combined bonuses from £2.17billion to £2.38billion without some perverted commie frog like hacks objecting, then the UK is clearly in danger of a Révolution française but one with everone's willies and fannies hanging out. [/fkn mental]

:fluffy: :hedbut: :yeahno: :woot: :fraid: :rab: :iitm: :bla: :noway: :marx: :cry: :hypo: :hide: :rofl: :think:
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2014 03:26 by mikey mikey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyh, Space Bandit, dubmeup

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:28 #9

• psketti
  • ZONED OUT
  • Hired help
  • Rankadmin
  • we cant stop here, this is dog country
  • Thank you received: 5668
simulacra wrote:
Grr yeh bloody banks why should we have to work when they can make all the money, I expect you think these bankers should be taxed 70% like your pinko, sex addicted buddy in France Monsiyer Hollandaise.

Slipping so soon? :D
the anorak hides the fact that sean is composed of 95% vaginas
The following user(s) said Thank You: feather, Space Bandit, Gilly

Re:No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:30 #10

• simulacra
  • ZONED OUT
  • Known Sock
  • Rankbanned
You're clearly deluded sir I suggest you start reading a sensible publication like the Daily Mail or the Economist on such matters.

You clearly can't answer my question hopefully space bandit will still see it when he next logs in to the forum, I hope somebody can answer it's quite an interesting post, I don't think people would have as much time to relax if they didn't work as hard as they can.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 03:41 #11

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
His comments came as Barclays revealed it wants to slash up to 12,000 jobs worldwide this year – 7,000 in the UK. Bonuses have also been raised by up to 13 per cent despite a slump in profits.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2557248...s-7-000-UK-jobs.html

Your sauce, sir. :arrowup:
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2014 09:48 by mikey mikey.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 07:15 #12

• scaltura
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 508
andyh wrote:
Yep, what is work for one person could be play for another.
The monetary system is what forces us to do what we actually don't like doing because you have to participate to survive.
There are a few who actually do enjoy work but they are the exception rather than the rule.
Personally, I don't know anyone who would actually enjoy sitting on their bums and doing absolutely nothing 24/7.

You are so right

Even if there was no monetary system , I guess I'd just be doing what I do on a daily basis . For the fact that because of the monetary system I'm looking into changing jobs to one that is along the same lines , has less challenges and maybe will bore me , but doubling or tripling my wages will be a lure , and there will be better opportunity to break free from the UK

The beauty of it when you see your work as play , it takes the element of "have to" out and replaces it with "want to" .

:)
Thorn in your side
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Bandit, dubmeup, Weeman

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 07:36 #13

• SilvaRizla
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Erm, hiya :)
  • Thank you received: 867
I'm sorry, but the whole concept is complete bullshit.

There is no possible way we can have the same standard of living as we do today without work. The whole idea is that some people have knowledge that others don't and some people have talents that others don't. As an example: If a square mile of leccy goes down who's going to fix it? I doubt there would be anyone in my area who'd do it. We'd have to pay someone with the skills to come in from a great distance and do it for us. They aren't gonna do it for free. Hell, without the notion of a 'proper job' they might not even do it at all even though they could.

If I wanted a piece of nice furniture then I'd have to get a craftsman in, doubt he'd do it for free. There are many things I like to do and there are many things I can do, not many that I can do to a professional standard and some people wouldn't want my quality of work in some areas, they'd want better. That's why we pay people with the talent for these things.

The whole notion is laughable, this is how jobs and work all came to be. The joiner couldn't butcher a cow, so he did something for a man who could (who then became the village butcher, as he was the best at doing it). Building houses, some are better than others so they help for a fee.

If we're happy to go back to the stone/bronze age then yes, but not a modern era.

Laughable.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 07:58 #14

• I AM ALL I AM
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
  • Thank you received: 824
SilvaRizla wrote:
I'm sorry, but the whole concept is complete bullshit. ...

G'day SilvaRizla.

Have you heard about 'freeware' applications?

How about Linux?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.
Unknown

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 08:16 #15

• SilvaRizla
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
SilvaRizla wrote:
I'm sorry, but the whole concept is complete bullshit. ...

G'day SilvaRizla.

Have you heard about 'freeware' applications?

How about Linux?

There are always exceptions to the rule, also special cases in times of tragedy. Your example is one project with thousands of volunteers. I don't see many fencing companies putting up free fences, nor gardeners doing free gardening. Nor do I see tailors offering free suits day in day out. I could go on and on and on.

On the whole, a ridiculous notion.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 10:44 #16

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
SilvaRizla wrote:

There is no possible way we can have the same standard of living as we do today without work. The whole idea is that some people have knowledge that others don't and some people have talents that others don't. As an example: If a square mile of leccy goes down who's going to fix it? I doubt there would be anyone in my area who'd do it. We'd have to pay someone with the skills to come in from a great distance and do it for us. They aren't gonna do it for free. Hell, without the notion of a 'proper job' they might not even do it at all even though they could.

If I wanted a piece of nice furniture then I'd have to get a craftsman in, doubt he'd do it for free. There are many things I like to do and there are many things I can do, not many that I can do to a professional standard and some people wouldn't want my quality of work in some areas, they'd want better. That's why we pay people with the talent for these things.

The whole notion is laughable, this is how jobs and work all came to be. The joiner couldn't butcher a cow, so he did something for a man who could (who then became the village butcher, as he was the best at doing it). Building houses, some are better than others so they help for a fee.

If we're happy to go back to the stone/bronze age then yes, but not a modern era.

Laughable.

Obsolescence by design is the name of the game ;)
If it doesn't break, you can't mass produce/replace/profit.

Also what are robots doing right now to jobs, not just here but in China.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 10:59 #17

• SilvaRizla
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
andyh wrote:
SilvaRizla wrote:

Laughable.

Obsolescence by design is the name of the game ;)
If it doesn't break, you can't mass produce/replace/profit.

Also what are robots doing right now to jobs, not just here but in China.

What they aren't doing, is plenty.

People need the services of others. People are selfish. Incentive is required in a lot of cases to get one to help another at the expense of their time, and possible personal cost to them. Its that simple.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 11:14 #18

• andyh
  • ZONED OUT
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Rank6
You are taught to think that, yes.

lol :)

Most menial tasks can be automated, many jobs can be eliminated by design and are being done so right now, robots are replacing human labour all over the world, see WUB's post about Google and Foxconn.
Robots are tax deductible so not only do they cost no wages they have asset return value and reduce the tax bill.
Supermarket tills are being automated, call centres automated, petrol pumps automated and on and on and ariston :)
Tell me again what the incentive here is to keep workers on.

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 11:24 #19

• mikey mikey
  • ZONED OUT
  • Gold Boarder
  • Rank5
If it IS possible to eliminate all menial tasks other than the ones we choose to do, then why not?

There are so many other areas to which we could apply ourselves.

Then again, that "work ethic" thing that some Northern European countries are so proud of keeps whispering in your ear that while you are painting a Shropshire landscape, you could be digging a ditch and filling it back in again.

And then there is that whole psycho thing that the rich and would-be rich thing have about not being able to relax in luxury unless you can hear the moans of those labouring in hardship. (i.e. the Tory party)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilvaRizla

No-one should ever work! Fuck work! 12 Feb 2014 11:26 #20

• SilvaRizla
  • ZONED OUT
  • Expert Boarder
  • Rank4
andyh wrote:
You are taught to think that, yes.

lol :)

Most menial tasks can be automated, many jobs can be eliminated by design and are being done so right now, robots are replacing human labour all over the world, see WUB's post about Google and Foxconn.
Robots are tax deductible so not only do they cost no wages they have asset return value and reduce the tax bill.
Supermarket tills are being automated, call centres automated, petrol pumps automated and on and on and ariston :)
Tell me again what the incentive here is to keep workers on.

You miss the point.
Moderators: psketti, oioioi, batou
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds